We need to make ready of raisins semya which is of roasted in the ghee ,and we need water mainly to boil this semya and also milk of required quantity and also sugar which gives the taste,and the raisins are somewhat fried in the ghee.
Traditional South Indian Dessert Recipe For Vermicelli Payasam
- 0.50 cup Raisins
- 1.00 cup semya
- 0.50 cup sugar
- 0.50 cup ghee
- 2.00 cup water
- 0.50 tbsp cardamom
- Take the raisins of 1/2 cup made it fry in the ghee until the color changes after that take into another bowl.
- In the same pan add some ghee and fry the 1 cup of semya in a low flame until the color changes after that this will also be taken into the another bowl.
- Now take the water of 2 cups in the same bowl and made it to heat in medium flame without the lid.
- When the water gets heated and then now add the 1/2 table spoon of baking soda to it and mix well throughly.
- After the salt gets dissolved in the water add fried semya of 1 cup to the water and made it boil for sometime.
- After that keep the lid on the bowl for up to 10 minutes to cook the semya in the water in a perfect manner.
- Once the semya is cooked open the lid keep it aside and add 1/2 cup of sugar to the boiled semya in a low flame.
- Stir well until the sugar dissolves when the sugar dissolves then add 1/2 table spoon of cardamom to it and mix well.
- After that add raisins to the cooked semya of 1/2 cup to it and made it boil for sometime in a low flame only.
- Before put off the stove add 1/2 table spoon of ghee to the semya mix well and collect into the bowl to serve the raisins semya.