hi,Ven Pongal is the traditional South Indian breakfast.It is very good for our health.It
Quick And Easy Healthy Breakfast Recipe For Ven Pongal
- 1.00 cup Raw rice
- 1.50 cup moong dal
- 1.00 tbsp pepper
- 0.00 nos Asafoetida
- 1.00 tbsp Cumin seeds
- 2.00 nos green chillies
- 2.00 tbsp Ghee
- 5.00 nos Curry leaves
- 2.00 cup Water
- 2.00 nos Ginger chopped
- 2.00 tbsp oil
- 5.00 tbsp Cashew nuts pieces
- first take the Ingredients raw rice , Moong dal , Pepper corn, Cumin seeds for making Ven Pongal.
- Now take one cup of Raw rice and half cup of Moong dal put it in a bowl.
- Wash raw rice and dal together and Soak the raw rice and dal keep it aside.
- Now you need to take green Green chillies ,Cashew nuts pieces ,Ginger chopped , Curry leaves .
- Now you need to heat a small cooker and keep it in a medium flame.
- Now you need to add 1 tablespoon of oil and keep it in high flame.
- Now you need to add 1 to 2 tablespoon of ghee wait for 1 mins.
- Now you need to add cumin seed, pepper in the cooker wait for 2 mins.
- Now add curry leaves,cashew nuts, chopped ginger , green chillies and saute it.wait for 1 mins .
- Now take the Soaked moong dal and raw rice and add it into the cooker.
- Now you need to mix it well together for 1 to 2 mins.keep it in low flame.
- Now you need to take the asafoetida powder and add it into the small cooker.
- Now you need to mix it well together for 1 mins.keep it in low flame.
- Now you need to the add water how much you want but don’t add more water.
- Now you need to add the salt and mix it well.keep it in high flame.
- Now you need to close the cooker and it should be like this.keep it high flame.
- Now put the Weight to the cooker and cook it till 3-4 whistles.keep it high flame.
- After 10 mins open the cooker and put one tsp of ghee into the Ven Pongal.
- Now you need to Mix everything to combine. Saute briefly for a minute or two.
- Finally serve the hot ven pongal to everyone with chutney and enjoy the morning breakfast.