Veg fried rice is a Indo chinese food, though it is a favourite food recipe of veg lovers. When non veg people have a lot of options like chicken biryani, chicken pulao, chicken fried rice and so on, veg fried rice is the life saver for many veg lovers.
It is very good for health as it contains goodness of many vegetables all together. The restaurant version of veg fried is so tasty and no one hesitates eating it.
But how to make restaurant style veg fried rice at home? Yeah you can make it and it’s that easy.
You just follow my recipe in the same way and definitely it is worthy making and worth spending time at the end. Everyone including your kids will give a happy thumbs up for this recipe.
How to prepare veg fried rice at home?
That’s so cool to prepare veg fried rice at home. I usually make this recipe when my refrigerator gets stuff with too much veggies in it. So yes the very first thing for making this recipe is fresh veggies.
The taste doubles when you use fresh vegetables.
I have carrot, beans, green peas and spring onion. So I am using only these veggies today. You can also add cabbage, bell peppers of different colours, corn or even you can add some paneer too.
Choice of vegetables for fried rice depends on your preference.
I am using sesame oil to make the recipe. Trust me making all Indo chinese foods with sesame oil gives you the same restaurant flavour.
I make schezwan noodles, hakka noodles, chicken fried rice everything using sesame oil only. In case if you don’t have sesame oil then use some other oil.
Rice matters a lot in making fried rice. You must use lengthy rice grain like basmati. It gives really a nice flavour and nice texture to your fried rice. You should not over cook the rice.
Keep an eye always while cooking the rice to the perfect softness.
I am using soy sauce and chilli sauce, you can also add come ketchup and vinegar for some sweet tangy taste. You can also add some pepper to increase the spicy taste here using green chilli and so not adding any pepper.
Calories in veg fried rice are obviously high as it contains rice in it. So if you are on a diet, be cautious about your serving. Though the ingredients for veg fried rice contains a lot of veggies and so it is very good for kids.
You can serve this veg fried rice with any side dish or curry. The best curry for veg fried rice that I often make is paneer curry. And trust me veg fried rice tastes awesome even without any side dish.
This is one of the best lunch box recipes for your kids.
Veg Fried Rice – A Healthy And Flavorful Breakfast For Veg Fried Rice
Veg Fried Rice
- 2.00 cup Basmati Rice
- 1.00 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 2.00 nos Olive Oil
- 2.00 cup Beans
- 5.00 nos Green Chilly
- 2.00 tbsp Ginger
- 2.00 tbsp Garlic
- 1.00 cup Spring Onion
- 2.00 tbsp Soya Sauce
- 2.00 tbsp Chilly Sauce
- 4.00 cup Water
- 1.00 cup Green Peas
Veg Fried Rice
- At the first step keep the green peas in a bowl and pour some water to it .Soak it for overnight.
- Then take long grains of basmati rice about two cup in a bowl and then wash it well using water.
- Then heat a pan or kadai that have enough space to cook the rice . Pour sesame oil to it and then add washed rice to it.
- Then add four cups of water to it when the rice becomes nicely roasted . Add salt also as needed . When the rice cooked off the flame.
- Meanwhile chop the vegetables needed for fried rice . I used carrot , beans and spring onions and also green peas.
- Then take a pressure cooker and pour the soaked green peas along with salt and water to it and keep it on flame.
- Then let it cooked for two visils and then off the flame and open the pressure cooker once it cool then add the beans and carrot to it .
- Then pour some more water and salt to it and keep it again to cook well for two visils and then when the veggies are done transfer it to a sieve type plate to drain excess water .
- Then take a big pan or kadai and pour the olive oil to it , when it is hot add some of the spring onion to it.
- Saute it well and then add the cooked vegetables like carrot , beans and green peas to it. Mix it well.
- Add some green chilly also to the vegetables . Then add some soya sauce to it mix it again .Keep in low flame .
- Then put the cooked rice to it and mix it well carefully . The rice should not break or over cooked.
- Add salt or soya sauce as per taste and mix it well . Then off the flame and our vegetable fried rice is ready to serve.