Vazhathandu is the vegetable which has high fiber value and nutritional value which was added tradionally in our food habits,it also cures the stone formation issue,it is better to in taking in our food at least once in a week,i used to prepare this vegetable poriyal with crunchy coconut and mild spices like Kerala recipes.
Awesome Cuisine And Very Healthy Recipe For Vazhaithandu Poriyal
- 2.00 cup Banana Stem
- 0.50 cup Spliten Green Gram
- 1.00 cup Grated Coconut
- 3.00 nos Green Chilies
- 2.00 nos Dried Red Chilly
- 2.00 tbsp Oil
- 0.25 tbsp Mustard seeds
- 1.00 tbsp Red Gram
- 1.00 tbsp salt
- 0.25 tbsp Turmeric Powder
- 3.00 nos Curry Leaves
- Peel the skin and remove the fiber by cut it as round shape then fine chop the vazha thandu as shown in the picture.
- In a pressure cooker add well washed splitten green gram and add some water as much to needed for pressure cook.
- In that same cooker add the fine chopped banana stem and add 1/4 tbsp of turmeric powder and add some salt for boil them,and keep boiling till two to three whistles.
- At this mean while take a mixer jar add some grated coconut and some green chilies and 1/4 tbsp of cumin seeds and grind it well for a fine paste.
- Heat a frying pan add some oil and add some mustard seeds,red chilies and red gram and some curry leaves then saute well it it gets fried in medium flame.
- Then add the pressure cooked banana stem and moong dhal mixture into them and stir well for few seconds and bring it to boil for few minutes till it mix itself together.
- Then add the grounded coconut and green chilly paste into them and stir well for few minutes till the pastes are blend well.
- Keep boiling for few minutes in medium flame till the water contents are dried well and remove it from pan and serve hot with all breakfast recipes or is to be a best combo with hot sambar rice or with rasam rice.