Vada pav is a easy fast food and also an vegeterian food , it is a famous recipe in the state of maharashtra, with simple home ingredients we can do at this home and with the combination of spicy chutney or green chutney.
Vada Pav – Healthy And Kids Favorite Snack Recipe For Vada Pav
- 1.00 cup gram flour
- 1.00 tbsp turmaric powder
- 2.00 tbsp red chilly powder
- 0.50 tbsp Baking soda
- 2.00 no Pav
- 2.00 no boiled potatoes
- 5.00 no green chillies
- 0.50 cup Coriander leaves
- 0.25 cup Mint leaves
- 1.00 tbsp mustard seeds
- 1.00 cup Roasted gram
- 0.50 tbsp Hing
- 0.50 liter Oil
- 1.00 tbsp turmaric powder
- 0.50 tbsp Cumin seeds
- 0.25 cup curry leaves
- 2.00 tbsp Salt
- 2.00 tbsp Tomato sauce
- 1.00 tbsp Crushed ginger
- To prepare a batter place one cup of coarse gram flour or besan in a separate bowl.
- Now add a enough water and whip it as a smooth and nice consistency batter.
- Now add a half tablespoon of red chilli powder and a pinch of turmeric powder into batter.
- Add a half pinch of salt and cooking or baking soda and mix all the ingredients .
- Keep it aside for 10 to 15 minutes ,you can also add sodium bicarbonate to the batter.
Preparation For Vada Pav
- The key ingredience to prepare vada pav we need gram flour,coriander leaves,red chilli powder,mint leaves,mustard seeds,roasted gram,boiled potatoes,asafoetida,oil,turmaric powde,baking soda,cumin seeds,ginger,curry leaves,salt,toamto sauce and pav or bun.
- Take boiled potatoes in a separate plate,peel off the potato completely and mash it well.
- Turn on the low flame ,place a vessel ,heat oil and add a half tablespoon of mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- Add a 2 nos of green chillies or red chillies and let it splutter for few seconds.
- Add a crushed ginger into it ,you can add a tablespoon of both ginger garlic paste.
- Now add a half cup of curry leaves and fresh coriander leaves and a pinch of turmeric powder into it.
- Add the peeled and mashed potatoes into the mixture and mix it well let the potatoes blend with other ingredients.
- Now the mixture turns golden yellow color and add a tablespoon of salt as per your taste.
- Switch off the flame,When the mixture cools down completely divide them into two equal size and make a ball shape .
- Now gently dip the potatoes ball into the gram for batter for a deep fry.
- Turn on the flame again ,place a kadai or a pan ,heat oil for enough deep frying.
- Drop a dipped gram flour potato balls gently and let them fry till it turns golden brown color.
- When the ball turns crispy and golden brown ,drain out thoroughly and keep it aside.
- To prepare a chutney ,i have taken roasted gram flour in a mixer jar,you can make any kind of spicy chutneys as your wish.
- Along with that add some fresh coriander leaves,you can also add a little bit of coconut pieces if you like.
- Add a pinch of crushed ginger ,you can add few garlic cloves for more spicy.
- Add a 3 nos of green chillies or red chillies and salt a pinch for a taste.
- Now blend them all the ingredients into a thin coarse paste and transfer it in another bowl.
- Take a loaves bread or pav ,spread a tablespoon of spicy chutney on all sides and place the bondas inside the bread ,our spicy vada pav is ready now.,you can also serve with them along with tomato sauce.