Yerayappa is a famous Karnataka traditional recipe which are highly prepared for festive time.a sweet recipe made using rice and jaggery,it can be made as two versions as deep fry or cook in kuzhi appam pan.Here I have submitted deep fried yerayappa recipe.
Unniyappam- Most Popular Healthy And Delicious Unniyappam Recipe
- 1.00 cup Raw Rice
- 0.25 cup Puffed Rice
- 0.25 cup Jaggery
- 0.25 cup Grated Coconut
- 1.00 cup Oil
- Rinse and soak one cup of dosa or raw rice at least for three to four hours in freshwater.
- Pick and rinse quarter cup of puffed rice or aval in water for ten minutesthen squeeze and drained out the water and keep aside.
- Grate or crush some jaggery and also grate quarter cup of fresh coconut,y iu can also use palm jaggery which is good for health.
- Take a mixer jar add well rinsed and soaked raw or dosa rice into them and also add rinsed and squeezed puffed rice into them and blend partially.
- When the rice and puffed rice cones to partially blend,then add thise grated Coconut and lumps removed crushed jaggery into then.
- Blend them well to get smooth batter,you can also add very little water for getting smooth batter.
- Transfer the blended smooth batter to a mixing bowl,make sure the prepared batter has not any Lumps and rice solids.
- Keep the prepared rice and jaggery batter for fermentation process for atleast one hour,the rice batter should not be watery or not to be thick,it should be in idly batter texture.
- When the rice batter comes to fermented,now heat a deep fry pan add enough oil and pour the prepared batter into that hot oil,firs that you can use a spoon for getting mould.
- When the poured batter comes to boil on one side and slightly the light golden color obtains,flip it to another side.
- When the rice batter comes to boiled on both sides with an excellent color obtains,now remove from fire and ready to serve hot with sweet chutney.