Thirunelveli Halwa is famous south special fish and oftenly we call it has Iruttukadai Halwa , Usually people buy these special halwa via online but it is not necessary we can prepare authetically from home itself with exotic taste with less ingredients.
Yummy And Tasty Tamilnadu Sweet For Tirunelveli Halwa Recipe
- 0.25 kg Samba broken wheat
- 0.50 kg Sugar
- 1.00 tbsp vanaspathi
- 0.50 cup Ghee
- 10.00 nos cashewnuts
- The Key ingredients to prepare Tirunelveli Halwa, we need samba broken wheat,ghee,vanaspathi,cashewnuts and finally sugar.
- Take 250 grams of samba broken wheat in a seperate bowl ,you can use samba wheat also.
- Add required amount of water and let the samba broken wheat soak it for nearly 8 hours.
- After 8 hours ,To extract the Broken samba wheat milk squeeze out completely by using hands.
- Now transfer the first batch milk in a seperate bowl via cotton cloth or filter.
- For extracting the second batch milk,add the roughly drained broken wheat in a blender jar.
- Blend it few seconds by adding little amount of water to make a smooth paste.
- Now transfer the second batch milk in a seperate bowl via cotton cloth or filter.
- Squeeze the complete milk from the soaked samba broken wheat till it turns rubberised mixture.
- For Making fermentation ,Take a lengthy glass bowl or juicer extractor then pour the milk.
- Thick Milk has stopped at the bottom and it is nicely fermented for fermenting it about 12 hours.
- Now pour the luke warm water completely and add the four glass of milk in a thick milk.
- In a seperate pan or tawa ,add one cup of sugar in a low flame.
- Add little bit of water for making caramelised or coloring sugar then mix it ,let it boil
- After few minutes Boiling sugar syrup turns caramelised or golden brown color and mix it.
- For making halwa ,add 300 grams of sugar in another pan to make a syrup.
- Add half cup of water, Mix the sugar for two to three minutes till it dissolves.
- When the sugar syrup boils add the caramalised sugar along with the sugar syrup and mix it.
- Add the well mixed prepared milk little by little and allow to boil in a medium flame.
- Add a tablespoon of ghee along with the milk and mix it completely ,we need to add 4 to 5 tablespoon of ghee of every intervals.
- Add a tablespoon of vanaspathi along with the milk and stir at every intervals in a medium flame .
- After the regular stirring the milk turns thickening in a medium flame by adding a tablespoon of ghee.
- Let’s roast the nuts,place a kadai add the remaining tablespoon of ghee and let it melt.
- Add crunched cashews in a ghee and roast it till it turns golden brown color.
- When the mixture turns thick after regular intervals of mixing it,add the roasted nuts in it.
- Stir the halwa ,till the ghee oozes on top of the halwa in a medium flame for about again 2 to 3 minutes,Turn off the flame