This is a Malabar special dish which we can have as a main dish and also as a snack . we usually make this while nombu or fasting time . it is very healthy as we are not frying it , we are making it by steam .
Steamed Fish Pancakes – Healthy & Fluffy Steamed Fish Pancakes Recipe
- 2.00 cup riceflour
- 8.00 nos shallots
- 0.50 tbsp cuminseeds
- 0.50 kg Fish
- 0.50 cup coconut
- 0.25 tbsp turmeric powder
- 0.25 tbsp coriander powder
- 0.50 tbsp chilly powder
- 4.00 nos clove
- 5.00 nos pepper
- 3.00 nos cinnamon
- 1.25 nos onion
- 1.00 nos tomato
- 1.00 gram curry leaves
- 0.50 tbsp ginger
- 0.50 tbsp salt
Preparation For Stuffed Fish
- then take a plastic sheet and apply some oil at the sheet and your hands then make a small ball from the dough .
- then flatten the balls using your hands , make another one with the same size and shape ,then repeat same with remaining dough.
- then pour some gravy at one flattened side and fish pieces at the other side ,we don’t need bones of fish .
- then close it carefully and stick every side using your hands , repeat same with remaining fish masala and dough ,
- then take a steamer and place the pathals to get cooked on it . keep the flame on and let it cooked well .
- it will take ten to fifteen minutes to get cooked . when its done let it cool for sometime and then serve it .
- At the first step clean the fish pieces using water and then drain off excess water and then keep it aside .
- then heat a bowl or pan that have enough space to make the dough . put water double the amount of rice flour we use along with salt .
- when it nicely boils put the rice flour and mix it well ,then add cumin seeds and chopped shallots to it . mix well
- then heat a pan and put some oil to it ,then add coconut and the spices like clove ,pepper , cinnamon to it.
- then stir it well and add the powders like coriander powder , turmeric powder ,chilly powder and mix well for two to three minutes .
- then off the flame and let it cool for sometime and then grind it using a blender along with some water .
- then heat another kadai and put some oil to it ,when it is hot put onion ,ginger and garlic to it ,
- saute it well and then add tomato to it and let it become translucent then add the curry leaves also to it .
- then pour the grinded mix of coconut along with some water to it and mix it well . keep the flame low .
- let it boil once and then add the fish pieces to it and mix it well . then let it cook well.
- it will take about ten to fifteen minutes to get the fish cooked and when its done off the flame . add salt if needed