Potato is the ever favor vegetable for all age groups,So that we can easily make more varieties of recipes using the potato,From that i used to cook the famous and very easy north Indian recipe Potato Podimas,I t requires less ingredients and also can prepared it very easily,
Spicy Potato Podimas – Healthy & Spicy Potato Podimas Recipes
- 2.00 nos Potato
- 2.00 nos Green Chilly
- 0.50 tbsp Chopped Ginger Slices
- 5.00 nos Curry Leaves
- 0.25 tbsp Turmeric Powder
- 1.00 tbsp Bengal Gram
- 0.50 tbsp Salt
- 1.05 tbsp Oil
- 0.25 tbsp Mustard Seeds
- 0.25 tbsp Coriander Leaves
- 0.25 tbsp Hing
- Take two medium sized Potatoes and add them to pressure cooker and boil them for four to five whistles,and peel the skin when it is warm
- Then smash the boiled potatoes using smasher or ladle,and also chop two green chilies and half an inch of ginger into fine slices
- Heat pan add some oil,when it gets hot plotters some mustard seeds,and add those Bengal grams with them,and then all those chopped chilies,ginger and curry leaves with them and stir well in low flame.
- When the Bengal grams are well roasted then add 1/4 tbsp of hing with them and stir well for few seconds.
- Then add 1/4 tbsp of turmeric powder with them,saute well till the raw smell completely goes out,Do not over burn them will causes the black color.
- Then add those well boiled and well smashed potatoes with them,For this recipe the potato should be finely smashed using ladle.
- Then add enough salt for them and stir well till it mixes itself together,Aware about adding salt,because there is a chance to add more for less ingredients.
- Then finally add some chopped coriander leaves over them,and now transfer to serving bowl and serve hot with hot poori or chapathi.