Savory sankarapali is the crispy and tasty snack recipe specially prepared for festive occasions,In North Indian this can be named as Namkeen,But In south India it can be called it as Diamond cuts,which are specially prepared for Ganesh Chathurthi.This recipe can be make two versions either sweet or salty,
Shankarpali Recipe – An Awesome Taste And Easy Shankarpali Recipe
- 0.75 cup Wheat Flour
- 0.5 cup Maida Flour
- 0.25 cup Fine Rava
- 0.25 tbsp Cumin Seeds
- 0.25 tbsp Ajwain Seeds
- 0.5 tbsp Crushed Pepper
- 1.50 cup Ghee Or Oil
- 0.5 tbsp Salt
- Take a large mixing bowl add 3/4 cup of whole wheat flour,1/2 a cup of maida flour.
- Then add all spices such as cumin seeds,ajwain seeds,crushed pepper and enough salt for them.
- Mix all the ingredients add 1/4 cup of fine rava with them and mix well again.
- Then add one or one and half tbsp of hot oil or hot ghee with them and mix well.
- Then add warm milk or water with them and knead well like a roti or chapathi dough.
- Cover the kneaded dough by a damp cloth and leave them for soak for half an hour.
- After thirty minutes knead well the dough again till it comes to smooth and soft and divide the dough into small portions and make like a small ball.
- Take one ball sized dough and flatten the dough using a rolling pin by dust some dry flour.
- Take a sharp knife and slice the flatten dough like a small square cubes or any desired shapes.
- Heat a pan add enough oil for deep frying,when the oil gets hot now add the sliced savory into them.
- Keep on flipping the savory using a ladle till it gets boiled on both sides and changes to crispy.
- When the savory comes to perfect light golden color now is the time to remove from flame and serve hot.