Samba powder is the traditional way of making the powdered ingredients which can be make instantly in South Indian cooking recipes, now a days we are leading a busy life so that we can add various ready-made preservative powder ingredients which is not good for health. So that we can made the samba powder with freshly and easily available spice and ingredients at home in clean and hygienic.
Sambar Podi – Famous South Indian Healthy Sambar Podi Recipe
- 1.00 cup Dried Red Chilly
- 2.00 cup Coriander Seeds
- 2.00 tbsp Red Gram
- 2.00 tbsp Bengal Gram
- 2.00 tbsp Black Split ten Gram
- 2.00 tbsp Cumin Seeds
- 2.00 tbsp Black Pepper Seeds
- 1.00 tbsp Hing
- 1.00 tbsp Turmeric Powder
- Heat a pan add measure quantity of dried red chilli by removing the crowns and roast them till it comes to light golden brown, and keep aside.
- In that same pan add the given ratio of Coriander seeds into them, and roast them for few seconds.
- When the Coriander seeds are roasted well and comes to light golden brown color, keep them aside.
- Then roast two tbsp of red gram and roast them well till it well roasted, and keep it aside.
- In that same pan add two tbsp of splitten black gram and roast them for few seconds and keep aside.
- Then add two tbsp of Bengal gram and roast them for few seconds and keep aside.
- Then add two tbsp of Cumin seeds and roast them to for few seconds and keep them aside.
- Then add two tbsp of black pepper seeds and roast them for few seconds and keep aside.
- Thus the roasted dried chilly and Coriander seeds are spread in a plate and bring them to cool.
- Then spread all the roasted grams and seeds and brings them to cool for a few minutes.
- Take a dry mixer grinder jar add the roasted and cooled dried chilly and Coriander seeds and blend them well for few seconds.
- In that same jar add those roasted and cooled grams and seeds with them and blend well again for a few seconds.
- When the ingredients are partially grounded them add one tbsp of Turmeric powder and one tbsp of Hing with them and blend well again to get fine powder
- If not blend well those added ingredients, blend well again for a few more minutes till it comes to fine powder.
- Then spread those well powdered sambar powder to a wide plate and leave them to cool and then transfer to an airtight container and store and use while making the sambar recipes.