Rajma sundal is famous vegeterian dish and also it is popular south indian stir fry dish ,These sundal is prepared specially for vrat purpose or offering to god during ganesh chaturthi and navratri festivals ,it is very simple to prepare at home.
Rajma Sundal – An Awesome Taste For Rajma Sundal Recipe
- 2.00 cup Rajma
- 1.00 cup Grated Coconuts
- 2.00 nos Red Chilies
- 2.00 nos Green Chilies
- 0.5 nos Ginger
- 1.00 tbsp Chana Dal
- 1.00 tbsp Urad Dal
- 1.00 tbsp Mustard Seeds
- 5.00 nos Curry Leaves
- 1.00 cup Onions
- 0.5 tbsp Red Chili Powder
- 0.25 tbsp Turmeric Powder
- 0.5 tbsp Hing
- 2.00 tbsp Oil
- 1.00 tbsp Salt
- Take two cup of rajma or kidney beans in a separate bowl to soak it.
- Add a cup of water and soak it under 6 to 7 hours or possible if overnight.
- Turn on the flame,place a pressure cooker add soaked rajma or kidney beans or red beans in it.
- Add two cups of water along with the red beans or rajma in a cooker.
- Add a little bit of salt as per taste or else you can add finally .
- Add half tablespoon of red chilli powder and a pinch of turmeric powder for better taste.
- After two to three whistles ,when the pressure comes down completely slightly and strain the water.
- Take a mixie jar,add a cup of grated coconut ,use raw coconut for better taste.
- Add two or three medium size green chillies and ginger pinch for more spices in jar.
- Blend it for few seconds till it turns semi smooth mixture and transfer in a bowl.
- For tempering turn on the flame,place a tawa add two tablespoon of gingelly oil in it.
- For better crunching ,add half tablespoon of mustard seeds,a tablespoon of chana dal and urad dal.
- Add two broken dry red chiilies and few curry leaves ,let it splutter few seconds.
- Add a cup of finely chopped onions along with mixture and mix it completely using spoon.
- Add a pinch of hing or asafoetida for more spices in the combined mixture .or ingredients.
- Add the blended coconut mixture along with the roasted ingredients then saute for few seconds.
- Add the completely strained rajma or red beans along with the tempering ingredients and mix it.
- Adjust the salt as per taste then stir fry it few seconds and turn off the flame.