This is favorite breakfast recipe in any special occasion among Bengali families. This crispy and tasty radha ballabhi is usually served with aloo dum. Basically it is stuffed puri, where both urad dal and cholar dal are used for stuffing.
Bengali Style Radha Ballavi Homemade Preparation
- 1.00 cup urad dal
- 1.25 cup chana dal
- 1.00 tbsp fennel seeds
- 0.50 tbsp hing
- 0.25 tbsp salt
- 0.25 tbsp sugar
- 0.25 tbsp red chili powder
- 0.25 tbsp turmeric powder
- 2.00 cup oil
- 4.00 cup wheat flour
- Take 1 cup of chana dal and more than half a cup urad dal. Combine together and wash it at least 4 -5 times.
- Soak the dal in warm water at least for 4 hours. Drain the excess water. Take 1 tablespoon of fennel seeds and 1 teaspoon of hing or asafetida.
- Now add fennel seeds, hing, salt as required and 1 teaspoon sugar in a soaked dal. You can also add green chili if you like spicy food.
- Heat 2 tablespoon of oil in a non-stick pan. Add half a teaspoon of kalonji and sauté it for a minutes on a low flame.
- Grind to make a fine paste of urad dal, chana dal, fennel seeds, hing, salt and sugar. Add the paste to non-stick pan, also add turmeric powder, red chili powder and mix well.
- Stir it continuously so that it gets fried well and excess water get evaporate from it. It should be completely dry so that we can make balls from it.
- From a dough take little ball and roll it a make a round shape chapatti. Add one tablespoon of dal mixer.
- After adding dal mixer again form a ball from it and roll it again. Roll it as puri shape and size. While rolling the ball apply little wheat dust.
- Heat 1 cup of oil in a large kadai, slowly put the radha ballabhi in a heated oil to get fried completely. Similarly fry the other radha ballabhi.
- In a serving plate put all the fried radha ballabhi one by one. And serve it with aloo dum and garnish with fresh coriander leaves.