This is a prawn dish made out of very little spices. This gravy dish is served with rice. There is no need to add additional water as the entire gravy is cooked and steamed in coconut milk till the desired thickness is reached.
Making Deliciousness Spicy And Thickness Prawn Gravy
- 0.50 kg Prawn
- 1.00 nos Onion
- 1.00 nos Potato
- 1.00 nos Tomato
- 4.00 nos Chili
- 1.00 tbsp GingerPaste
- 3.00 tbsp CoconutPaste
- 0.25 tbsp Salt
- 0.25 tbsp Sugar
- 0.50 tbsp Turmeric
- 6.00 tbsp Oil
- 0.25 tbsp CardamomPowder
- 8.00 nos CorianderLeaves
- Clean the prawns, wash them very well under running water and add salt and turmeric so that it is ready for frying
- Add oil in a kadai and heat it very well. – Add the prawns in it and fry them well. Do not fry them so that they become hard but remain soft and succulent.
- Add the potatoes cut into cubes in the same oil and deep fry them till they are golden brown and become slightly soft in nature too.
- Keep aside the fried prawn and potato in a separate bowl which is used to be cooked later on in the gravy
- Chop a tomato and onion into long pieces. – Slit the green chili. – Make a paste of ginger – Make a paste of coconut. – Keep aside a few coriander leaves for garnishing
- Boil 1.5 cups of water in a saucepan and add the coconut paste. Get it to boil and make it frothy and thick. Once the water is reduced to 3/4 cup, strain the mixture and keep it in a cup as the coconut milk for the gravy.
- Add oil in a kadai and heat it. – Add the onion, chili and tomato and fry till they are golden brown and the tomato softens. – Add salt and turmeric
- To the mixture above add the prawn and the potato and mix very well and stir continuously. – Cook in simmer for 4-5 minutes. Add some sugar and stir to mix well
- Add the cup of coconut milk as prepared above and cook it well till the gravy dries up. – Add some cardamom powder when the gravy is almost dried – Sprinkle some coriander leaves from top as garnishing to serve.