Potato curries are differently cooked in different states as per their tastes,in that way potato sagu is the potato curry recipe of Bombay,In Tamil Nadu they are made their potato as dry for serving with poori and chapathi.The cooking method is slightly different from that,so the Mumbai style restaurants are serve this potato sagu with dosa and poori varieties.
Potato Sagu – Easy Way To Prepare Delicious Potato Sagu Recipe
- 3.00 nos Potato
- 1.00 nos Onion
- 3.00 nos Curry Leaves
- 0.5 tbsp Bengal Gram
- 0.5 tbsp Black Gram
- 2.00 nos Green Chilly
- 0.25 tbsp Turmeric Powder
- 2.00 tbsp Roasted Bengal Gram
- 0.25 tbsp Mustard Seeds
- 1.50 tbsp Oil
- 0.25 tbsp Coriander Leaves
- Take three medium sized potatoes wash them well and rings to pressure cook for three or four whistles.
- When the potatoes are well boiled now peel off the skin when it is warm,then smash them well using a fork spoon.
- Wash one medium sized onion and fine chop them into small slices and also chop some green chilies,and bring some Bengal gram and Black gram.
- Take a mixer jar and add one or two tsp of roasted Bengal gram which helps to thickening the gravy.
- Grind them well as fine powder,You can also use besan flour which is slightly dry roast before added to them.
- Heat a cooking pan add some oil and splutters some mustard seeds and add those Bengal gram and Black gram and roast them well.
- Then add those chopped onion slices and chopped green chilies and stir for a few seconds.
- Then add a pinch of turmeric powder and enough salt for this recipe and a pinch of hing with them.
- Then add some water with them and let them boil for a few minutes till the water starts bubbling.
- When the water is boiling now add the roasted Bengal gram flour with them and stir to avoid lumps formation.
- When the gravy comes to thicker now add the boiled,peeled and mashed potatoes with them and stir well.
- When the curry comes to tender and mushy now add some chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with tasty Poori or chapathi.