A special delicacy of the Mangalore/ Goa regions. Pork is a common dish on special occasions in this region. This is a special twist on the regular pork preparation. It is hot and spicy. An excellent combination with bread, chapatis, dosas or rice.
Very Delicacy And Excellent Spicy Indian Recipe For Pork Masala
- 1.00 kg Pork
- 1.00 tbsp Coriander Seeds
- 4.00 nos Cloves
- 0.25 tbsp Mustard
- 0.25 tbsp Pepper
- 0.25 tbsp Cumin Seeds
- 4.00 nos Cinnamon
- 8.00 tbsp Red Chilies
- 4.00 nos Bay Leaves
- 4.00 nos Onions
- 3.00 nos Garlic Whole
- 4.00 nos Green Chilly
- 2.00 nos Ginger
- 0.25 tbsp Turmeric
- 10.00 milligram Tamarind
- 1.00 tbsp Salt
- Take all the dry spices (ingredients no. 2 -8) and dry roast them on a tava and low flame, till you get an aroma. Let it cool and set aside.
- Take the dry roasted spices and grind them into a coarse mixture as shown in the image. Collect and keep aside.
- Cut the onions into fine slices. Slit the green chilies. Peel the garlic. Scrape and chop the ginger finely. Keep aside.
- Cut the pork into approximately 2 cm cubes. Wash thoroughly 2-3 times. (Washing pork is very important as it gets rid of any small wooden splinters that may have come when cutting).
- Take the pork in a cooking vessel. Add the ground dry masala powder. Then add the onions, chilies, garlic and ginger. Add the turmeric powder , bay leaves and mix thoroughly. Set aside for 2 hours.
- Cook the meat on a low flame. You can use a pressure cooker for the meat to cook faster. It takes approximately 45 minutes for the meat to cook.
- Keep stirring the meat so that it doesn’t stick to the bottom. Just before the meat is completely cooked add the turmeric and salt to taste. Take in a serving dish and enjoy with rice, rotis or idly.