Pakoda or pakora is one of the recipes everyone craves for during the winter season. When it rains, then we will need a hot plate of pakoda and of course a hot cup of chai.
We don’t have to rush to any tea shop or bakery to buy the hot pakoda.
You can make it very easily at home. Obviously homemade foods are a more healthier option. These pakoda are very crispy from outside and soft from inside.
I love making pakoda at home because they are a super delicious snack recipe. You can also eat this pakoda as a side dish along with any of the rice recipes.
Kids will also like this pakoda for its crispy texture. The calories in pakoda are certainly high as we are deep frying the pakoda in hot oil.
I will tell you below how to make these pakoda with less oil and yes without compromise in the taste.
How to make pakoda at home?
This pakoda is very famous all around India and the ingredients are also easily available at home.
You will need some besan or bengal gram flour along with some flour in the ratio 4:1. This is an Indian version of pakoda, so I am using onion, green chilli, coriander leaves, curry leaves and ginger to make the pakoda batter.
Am also using a pinch of cooking soda / baking soda to make the pakoda soft inside and crispy outside. But it is optional, you can skip it, if you consider baking soda as your health spoiler though adding a pinch won’t bother your stomach.
Add little water at a time while making the pakoda batter. The consistency is most important to make the perfect pakoda.
It should be a thick batter so that you can make small balls out of it. Thick batter doesn’t mean like a dough for chapati, it should be in semi solid texture.
Today I am frying my pakoda in hot oil. Make sure the oil is hot enough otherwise your pakoda will end up in absorbing too much oil. Cook the pakoda in medium flame by flipping it often to cook evenly brown.
If you want to lessen the calories of your pakoda, then you can use appe pan and shallow fry your pakoda.
For frying in appe pan, drizzle a few drops of oil in the pan, place the pakoda and cook it in low flame by covering it with a lid. You have to flip it and cook again in the same process.
You can also bake this pakoda in a microwave oven. Preheat the oven and cook the pakoda for around 20 to 15 minutes. Use parchment paper or foil your tray before baking to avoid mess.
Easy Way To Prepare A Spicy Pakoda Homemade Recipe
- 1.00 cup Bengalgram flour
- 0.25 cup Rice flour
- 2.00 nos Onion
- 2.00 nos Green chilies
- 0.50 tbsp Ginger
- 0.50 tbsp Cumin
- 0.50 tbsp Anise
- 0.50 tbsp Curry leaves
- 0.50 tbsp Coriander leaves
- 0.50 tbsp Salt
- 0.50 tbsp Chili powder
- 0.50 tbsp Cooking soda
- Then take a bowl and add the bengalgram flour because it is added to the main of the dish.
- Then take the half cup of rice flour because it is added to the main crunchy and crispy taste.
- Then peel off the outer skin of onion and fine slice them as very fine cutting; also fine chop some green chilies; curry leaves and coriander leaves.
- Then take the mixi jar and add the cumin seed half spoon and add the anise seed half tbsp.
- Then mixi jar grind the ingredients with fine smash consistency and don’t add the water.
- Then take the large bowl and add the bengalgram flour because it is added to the main ingredients.
- Mixed very well within one minutes equal to add the flour to tasty snacks to prepare.
- Then take the cumin and anise seed grind the ingredients add the bowl mix it.
- Then now add fine chopped green chilies; curry leaves and coriander leaves in it; fir serving the small kids you may skip green chilies increase the quantity of chili powder.
- Mix well the ingredients and then now add the half tbsp of chili powder; cooking soda; pinch of salt and add chopped ginger.
- Stir them well till all the ingredients with fine soft dough with the ingredients of flour.
- Then now add the small medium of water with thick consistency carefully add to prepare them.
- Mixed very well within two minutes and don’t add extra water soft and thick paste consistency.
- Take small portion; roll into a ball size equal sides round it and put five or six balls prepared them.
- Then take kadai; and add the oil heat them then add the ingredients of balls pakoda fry for brown color.
- Next few seconds to see the pakoda lightly change the color with boiled and take crispy flavour.
- Then take the plate and serve them finally patinam pakoda is ready and serve tomato sauce with evening snacks.