Okra Idly is the rich in soluble fiber,And it is very soft and delicious idly than other idly. It is super food for diabetes,The light green color of the idly is attractive and little different for children.Okra is very good for children to growth so that we can hide and give them who skip vegetables.
Okra Idli Recipe – Delicacy And Quick Breakfast Okra Idli Recipe
Okra Idli Recipe
- 1.50 cup Par Boiled Rice
- 0.50 cup Split Black Gram
- 1.00 cup Okra Vegetable
- 2.00 nos Green Chilly
- 0.50 tbsp Cumin Seeds
- 0.75 tbsp Salt
- 0.50 tbsp Oil
- 0.25 glass Water
Okra Idli Recipe
- Rinse and soak the par-boiled rice in fresh water for at least five ti six hours.
- In another bowl rinse half cup of split black gram(Urad dal) and soak them for five to six hours.
- Add those well soaked, washed and drained rice and black gram to a mixer jar, and grind them as fine paste.
- Grind the rice and black gram as fine as possible by slowly adding little water.
- Transfer the well grounded par boiled rice and gram mixing batter to a large mixing bowl.
- Wash and pat dry the okra vegetable using a dry or any kitchen cloth till it completely dried itself.
- By removing the head and tail portion of okra and chop them as small pieces and add them to a mixer jar and add some green chilies and little cumin seeds with them.
- Grind them as fine paste by adding little water with them, the grounded okra paste is to be slightly sticky.
- Add the grounded okra fine paste to that already grounded rice and black gram batter.
- And mix them well using a ladle, you may add little water with them because the okra paste is slight sticky, And close the lid and leave them for fermentation process for over night.
- Next morning or after 8 hours the prepared rice and okra batter gets fermented which raise up from their level by small bubble appears on it.
- Now add the needed salt for this idly recipe, you may also add a pinch of cooking soda if need, otherwise you skip it, and add less water with them.
- Mix the fermented batter with the ladle till it gets soft and smooth texture without any lumps.
- Now crease some oil over the idly mold and fill one heaped spoon full of those batter over them.
- Repeat the same for filling all the molds and place the mold into the idly cooker by adding little water under the cooker, and steam boil them for ten minutes.
- After ten to twelve minutes the idly gets boiled, and now the time to remove from the steamer.
- After removing from flame give little cooling time for them and release the idly from the mold using a spoon or using a knife, and serve hot the tasty okra idly to a spicy and colorful chutney or with sambar.