Many types of mushroom biryani are there. Here i prepared south indian style mushroom biryani with lot of spices and flavors. Usually mushroom biryani is prepared with white button mushroom.
Flavourful Aromatic Taste Preparation Of Mushroom Biryani For Kids
- 1.00 cup Mushroom
- 2.00 cup Rice
- 1.00 cup Onion
- 0.50 cup Tomato
- 3.00 nos Green chili
- 2.00 nos Star anise
- 5.00 nos Clove
- 5.00 grams Cinnamon
- 10.00 nos Garlic
- 5.00 grams Ginger
- 3.00 nos Red chili
- 2.00 nos Cardamom
- 1.50 tbsp Garam masala
- 1.00 tbsp Red chili powder
- 1.00 tbsp Salt
- 2.00 cup Water
- 6.00 tbsp Oil
- Wash the mushroom well with water and thoroughly wash mushroom because it contain sand and other impurities. Then chop it into two half. Don’t chop the mushroom into thin slices
- Take the ingredients for make the paste. Meanwhile Wash and soak the rice with enough water for 30 min. Keep it aside.
- Remove the stem of the red chili and peal the skin of the ginger and garlic. in a mixer grinder, Make paste with red chili, ginger,garlic, cinnamon and clove
- Place the cooker or deep pan on the flame. Add some oil. When the oil get heated add star anise, cinnamon,clove and cardamom
- When the spices emit the fragrant. Add sliced onion and whole green chilies into the oil. Don’t cut the green chili. Be careful while adding the green chili
- Saute the onion well till it turn translucent. Onion fried well in oil and glassy look, it is right time to add the chopped tomato.
- Saute the tomato well with onion and cook well till soften then mash the tomato well. Add already prepared red chili, ginger and garlic paste
- Stir fry the paste, it blend with onion and tomato mixture, then add garam masala powder mix all the mixture together.
- All the masalas are cooked well and emit the oil droplets. It is right time to add the washed and sliced mushroom.
- Stir again,Mushroom coated with masalas. Saute on low flame, cook this mixture on 5 – 6 minutes, till raw smell of masala disappear and form to light gravy consistency
- Add enough water to cook the rice, double the quantity of rice. 1 cup of rice : 2 cup of water. Simmer the flame water start boiling
- Drain excess water from already soaked rice and then add rice to the boiling mixture water. simmer the flame and the add rice, it easy to add the rice to the boiling water
- Add fresh mint and roughly chopped coriander leaves. Finally seasoning with enough salt. Stir the water and taste it. Mixture should little bit salty then only after cooked with rice it adjusted
- Close the cooker with lid and pressure cook it for 2 – 3 wiesel’s. Or if you cooked in deep pan means cook it till water absorbed and grains cook well
- Switch of the flame. Wait for Pressure release from cooker. Open the lid and fluff the rice and remove the green chili. Because when serving or mixing it can be broken and increase the spice to biryani
- Transfer the biryani to the serving bowl and serve with onion raita or any side dishes. Taste Mushroom biryani is ready to eat