Thenkuzhal murukku will be the mains South Indian Snacks in diwali time ,every one will prepare this murukku. It is very crispy and tasty to have and it is very easy to prepare.Every one will like this murukku.
Crunchy And Spicy South Indian Murukku In Homemade Recipe
- 4.00 cup Rice Flour
- 1.00 cup urad dal
- 5.00 tbsp ghee
- 1.50 tbsp asafoetida powder
- 2.00 tbsp Cumin Seeds
- 0.50 liter oil for deep frying
- 0.50 cup Water as needed
- 2.00 tbsp Salt to taste
- Fry the Urad dal till you get a nice aroma or until slight golden brown.
- Soak raw rice for 2 hours; wash it and dry it well in the sun or shade.
- Mix raw rice and Urad dal ; give it in the flour mill and grind it to a fine powder.
- Once the powder is ready; sieve it twice and keep set aside.Now our murukku mavu is ready.
- Take rice flour; urad dal flour in a bowl and mix well.Add the melted butter and use your hands to crumble it.
- Now you need to put the salt; how much you needed for making murukku and mix well.
- Now you need to add the cumin seeds and mix it well in your hand.
- Now you need to add the asafoetida powder and mix it well in your hand.
- Now you need to Add water slowly in a bowl and knead into a soft dough.
- Now your muruku mavu is ready for making the muruku.keep it aside for 1 mins.
- Now you need to Heat oil in a kadai and keep it in high flame.
- Now you need to Take your muruku press and put oil in both muruku press.
- Take small quantity of dough and put it in the Murukku Press with three small holes.
- Now you need to close the Murukku Press Correctly for making muruku.The mavu should not come outside.
- Now you need to Press it in small circular motion and make muruku out of it.
- Now the oil is very hot so Deep fry in medium flame wait for 2-5 mins.
- Now you need to Fry till it becomes crispy and nice golden yellow. But ensure not to brown.
- Take it out and place it in a oil strainer with a paper towel to remove excess oil and allow it to cool.
- Store the thenkuzhal at room temperature in a clean; air-tighter container up to 2 weeks and serve.