Radish sambar is one of the easy and tasty recipe of south Indian recipes,This recipe is good for lunch time meals with boiled or steam rices,this recipe can be done easily with simple steps with south Indian spice ingredients.Radish is good to eat in summer season for cool our body and prevent from heat.
Mullangi Sambar – Delicious And Healthy Mullangi Sambar Recipe At Home
- 1.00 cup Toor Dal
- 0.25 tbsp Turmeric Powder
- 0.50 glass Water
- 3.00 nos Radish
- 2.00 nos Onion
- 3.00 nos Tomatoes
- 2.00 tbsp Oil
- 0.25 tbsp Urad dal
- 0.25 tbsp Fenugreek
- 0.25 tbsp Mustard seeds
- 2.00 nos Dried red chilly
- 3.00 tbsp Garlic pods
- 4.00 nos Curry leaves
- 0.50 tbsp Salt
- 3.00 tbsp Sambar Masala Powder
- 10.00 gram Tamarind
- 1.00 nos Coriander Leaves
- Wash the toor dal and add it to a pressure cooker, add enough water and pinch of turmeric powder and bring them to boil for four to five whistles.
- Peel of the radish skin wash and chop them as circular shape, then chop two medium size onions and three ripen tomatoes in to thin slices.
- Heat a cooking pan add two table spoon of oil, add some urad dal, fenugreek seeds and mustard seeds with them in slow fire.
- When the seeds are plotters Then add two dried red chilies, some crushed garlic and some curry leaves with them and stir well for few seconds.
- Then add fine sliced onions with them and saute well for few minutes till the onions gets well saute, at this time add a pinch of hing with them.
- Then add fine sliced tomato slices with them and saute well till it gets smashed, for easy smash add a pinch of salt with them while saute.
- Then add already washed and chopped radish vegetable with them and keep stirring till it saute well for few minutes.
- Then add three table spoon of home made sambar powder with them and stir well for few minutes, do not over burn the powdered ingredients, so that make low the fire.
- Add enough water with them and stir occasionally and close the lid and bring them to boil for few minutes till the radish gets well cooked.
- When the radish gets boiled add the boiled and smashed toor dal with them and also add little tamarind extract with them and stir well and bring them to boil for few minutes till the tamarinds raw smell ooze out.
- Finally garnish some coriander leaves and serve hot with hot plain boiled or steamed rice, and also better to go with Idly or Dosa recipes.