Moong Dal or Pasi Paruppu payasam is the South Indian Style kheer recipe,This recipe is smooth and Delicious tasty kheer recipe.It can be made in different ways,But the main ingredients of this recipe Is that the healthy and tasty Jaggery(Palm Sugar),The flavor ove ghee and roasted nuts which adds an amazing taste to this recipe.It is good and healthy kheer to serve our kids.
Moong Dal Payasam – Authentic Taste For Delicious Moong Dal Payasam
Moong Dal Payasam Ingredients
- 1.00 cup Split Yellow Gram
- 1.00 cup Milk
- 1.50 tbsp Ghee
- 1.25 tbsp Sliced Coconut
- 6.00 nos Cashew Nuts
- 8.00 nos Raisins
- 0.25 tbsp Cardamon Powder
- 0.5 cup Jaggery
- 0.25 cup water
Moong Dal Payasam Preparation
- Heat a pan add a cup of split yellow gram which is need to dry roast.
- Keep stirring till the gram gets well roasted and the light golden brown color appears.
- For Pressure cook Rinse the roasted gram in water and add it to a pressure cooker add enough water and bring to boil till three or four whistles.
- Open the lid when the pressure downs itself,now the roasted grams are well boiled,you may mix well when it is warm using a ladle to get smooth gram mixture.
- Heat a pan add some milk and bring to boil till the water evaporates in it.
- Add the pressure cooked split yellow gram with them,keep the flame into medium or low fire.
- Stir well using a spoon till the added yellow gram comes to soft and smooth creamy texture.
- Then add a pinch of cardamon powder to that prepared milk and yellow gram.
- When the Kheer mixture comes to warm then add the extracted jaggery water with them.
- Stir well the kheer mixture well combines to that jaggery water,do not heat the mixture after added the jaggery water which makes the splits in milk.
- Heat a tempering pan add some ghee and roast some thin and fine sliced coconut into them.
- Then add some raisins and nuts with them and roast for few seconds in low fire.
- Add the roasted nuts and raisins over the prepared gram kheer,stir well ,garnish and serve.
- When the milk and gram are well boiled,now keep away from flame and heat a small add some grated or crushed pan jaggery and add a little water.
- Keep on stirring the mixture in slow flame till the jaggery comes to completely melt.
- When the jaggery solids are melts well now filter the jaggery water to remove the impurities,keep aside for few minutes let it is to be cool.