This can be generally prepared with the grounded lentils and with some vegetables also but here i am using the potato only for this preparation these two will be a good combination for this soup which can be taken with rice or idli.
Simple Vegetarian Healthy Lentil Stew With Easy Recipe
- 1.00 cup lentils
- 0.50 cup tomato
- 1.00 liter water
- 0.50 tbsp cumin and mustard seeds
- 0.50 tbsp turmeric
- 0.50 tbsp Asafoetida
- 0.75 tbsp salt
- 0.50 tbsp greenchilies
- 8.00 tbsp oil
- 0.50 tbsp masala powder
- 0.50 tbsp tamarind
- 0.50 tbsp jaggery
- Take the lentils of 1 cup and soaked in water for more than 1 to 2 hours before the start of the process for easily cooking.
- Take those soaked lentils in to another bowl and add fresh water of 1/2 cup to the bowl and kept aside.
- Take a pressure cooker pour some 1/2 glass of water in it and keep the bowl containing these soaked lentils in it.
- Close the pressure cooker with a lid having the vessel and made them to cook for 10 to 15 minutes in a medium flame.
- Now after the pressure is gone take them out and made it to fine paste with a spoon and kept aside.
- Take the fresh and cleaned tomato and add this to jar in order to make it paste for easy preparation process.
- Without adding water to it made it to a fine paste of tomato and collect to one another bowl for the preparation.
- Take one pan add the oil of 5 to 6 table spoons and made the oil heat for some time in a low flame.
- Take one pan add water of 1 liter to it and put it on a stove for boiling purpose in a high flame during the process.
- After heating of the oil add mustard seeds of 1/2 table spoon to the oil and made them fry in the oil.
- In the same time add the cumin of 1/2 table spoon to the oil contains mustard seeds and made both of them fry for some time.
- After that add Asafoetida of 1/2 table spoon to the oil and made it fry in the oil until the color changes.
- After that add pasted tomato and green chili flakes to it and made them cook in the oil for some time.
- Once they are cooked add the boiled water of 4 cups to it and mix well with the pieces in it.
- Add salt of 1/2 table spoon to the water and mix well until the salt dissolves in it in a medium flame.
- After that add jaggery of some pieces and mix well until the jaggery piece dissolves in it in a low flame.
- Take a pan add some 4 to 5 spoons of ghee to it and made the ghee heat in a low flame.
- Add the cashews to the ghee of 1/2 table spoon and mix well with the ghee in the pan for some time.
- After the color of cashew is changed take them out and mix with this stew and mix well for the taste purpose.
- Add the masala powder of 1/2 table spoon into the water mix well and put off the stove take into the serving bowl.