Lauki wadi is famous north indian style vegeterian dish and also famous spicy dish ,These vadi can be prepared as a evening snack in punjab ,Kids like these spicy snack dish at every time and also easy to prepare at home.
Lauki Vada Recipe – A Unique Taste And Spicy Lauki Vada Recipe
Lauki Vada Recipe
- 2.00 cup Bottle Guard Grated
- 1.00 cup Besan Flour
- 0.5 cup Rava
- 0.25 tbsp Cumin Seeds
- 0.25 cup Ginger Pieces
- 3.00 nos Green Chilies
- 0.25 cup Garlic Cloves
- 2.00 tbsp White Sesame Seeds
- 0.25 cup Coriander Leaves
- 5.00 nos Curry Leaves
- 0.25 tbsp Turmeric Powder
- 0.25 tbsp Carom Seeds
- 0.25 tbsp Cooking Soda
- 0.25 tbsp Hing
- 0.5 ltr Oil
- 1.00 tbsp Salt
Lauki Vada Recipe
- The key ingredients to prepare lauki vadi, we need Bottle gourd, Besan, sooji,coriander leaves,onion,curry leaves, green chillies, mustard seeds,ginger , cloves,sesame seeds,hing,oil and salt.
- Take a cup of besan flour or chickpea flour along with add half cup of sooji.
- Add required amount of water along with the besan flour and rava mix it using spoon.
- To prepare a nice batter whisk it continuously with out any lumps and keep aside.
- Take a blender add few garlic cloves and three nos of green chillies in it.
- Add few ginger pieces along with the garlic cloves and chillies to prepare ginger chilli paste.
- Blend the ginger,garlic cloves and green chillies few seconds and transfer it in a bowl
- For seasoning turn on the flame ,place a pan add a tablespoon of oil and cumin seeds.
- Now add the grated lauki or bottle guard along with hot oil and mix it .
- Add blended semi coarse paste of ginger chilli along with the seasoning ingredients and mix it
- Add two tablespoon of white sesame seeds along with the ingredients for more spices for taste.
- Add finely chopped fresh coriander leaves along with the more ingredients and mix it well.
- Add a pinch of ajwain or carom seeds along with the seasoning ingredients and mix it.
- Add 1/4 cup of curry leaves along with the seasoning ingredients and saute for a few seconds.
- Add a tablespoon of salt or as per taste along with the other ingredients.
- Add prepared chickpea batter along with the ingredients and mix it few seconds in low flame.
- Turn off the flame when it turns thick after stirring continuously and allow to cool.
- Now steam the cooled mixture for about 10 to 15 minutes in an idli cooker.
- For frying turn on the flame,In the same pan ,add the required amount of oil.
- Place the steamed mixture one by one in hot oil and let it cook for a few minutes and transfer it.