Take maida ,cornflour ,sugar powdered and ready made kova as per required quanities. Mix all ingredients except kova. Knead the dough to spread into small squares. Stuff kova and shape them to kajjikai. Fry all these shaped stuff and serve it hot with kishmish.
Kids Favourite Dessert And Good Evening Snack Recipe For Kova Puri
- 5.00 tbsp Maida
- 2.00 tbsp Cornflour
- 5.00 tbsp Sugar
- 5.00 tbsp Ready made kova
- All the ingredients are taken a mentioned above. It includes maida , cornflour ,sugar. This primary ingredients acts as the base for the dish. Corn flour is used to make the dish more crispier and sweeter.
- The next important ingredient of the dish includes stuffing. The stuff used for kova poori is kova( available in malls).
- Firstly, all the ingredients except kova is kneaded into a soft dough using water. This acts as the cover of the item.
- The dough is then made into mall balls and then spread into square shaped. The stuff is placed inside the spreader dough carefully in smaller quantities, to avoid damages.
- The base is then molded into the shape at the edges, as shown below. The same is done to all the remaining dough. It is better to use powdered sugar, to avoid stickiness.
- These are the prepared raw shaped kajjikai. After these are shaped ,it is taken into separate plates. In case the dough is sticky, small quantities of dry flour can be used.
- Then take a pan. Fill it with oil and allow it to heat little. Now transfer all the shaped poori into the oil. Care must be taken, not to heat the oil more.
- The snack must be fried to light brown on both the sides. It must not be over fried. It is now time to take out all the fried one.
- Now transfer the yummy, delicious and crispy kajjikai into the tissue paper, to avoid more stickiness. Care must be taken, while transferring the snack.
- Now it is time to garnish it with kismish. Take a pan and grease it with oil and transfer kismish and artificial saffron into it. Fry it little and spread it over the prepared kajjikai. It serves five.