Khamang kakdi is a Maharashtrian style salad recipe prepared using cucumber. Khamang kakdi chi koshmbir is a summer time healthy veggie salad which is good to serve as a side dish for any Maharashtrian meal or and also good to serve as a summer time brunch salad.
Khamang Kakdi Recipe – Quick And Spicy Khamang Kakdi Recipe
Khamang Kakdi Recipe
- 2.00 nos Cucumber
- 0.25 cup Peanut
- 2.00 nos Green Chilies
- 0.50 tbsp Coriander Leaves
- 0.50 tbsp Salt
- 2.00 tbsp Grated Coconut
- 0.50 tbsp Oil
- 0.25 tbsp Mustard Seeds
- 0.25 tbsp Cumin Seeds
- 4.00 nos Curry Leaves
Khamang Kakdi Recipe
- Take two medium sized fresh cucumber and rinse them very well,where the chosen cucumber should be tender.
- Then remove the tail and crown and scrape out the outer skin and fine chop them,if the seeds are harder to remove them unless you can leave as it is,keep them aside for removing the excess water.
- Heat a wide pan add a quarter cup of dried peanuts and stir for a few seconds.
- Dry Roast those added peanuts for few seconds till the brown dots appears, and remove from flame.
- Then now scrape out the outer skin of peanuts and add it to a mortar pestle to crush them.
- Here I used blender jar to blend them as coarsely which gives crunchy buyes while eating the khamang.
- Then now take a wide mixing bowl and add those well sliced cucumber slices by removing those excess released water from it.
- Now add two to three tbspn of those freshly roasted and grounded peanut powder into them.
- Now add some fine chopped green chilies and some fine chopped coriander leaves into them.
- Stir well to mix well together and now add one or two tbsp of freshly grated coconut into them.
- Now add enough salt for them and mix well together for few seconds till it spreads all over the veggies.
- Heat a tadka pan add half a Tbsp of cooking oil and add some mustard and cumins seeds and splutter them,then add some curry leaves into them.
- Pour the tadka mixture to that well prepared khamang mixture,and adjust the spices at this stage.
- Mix well together to mix all the ingredients well and finally squeeze some lime juice at the serving time.garnish well and serve with any Maharashtrian meal.