Kappa(tapioca) vevichathu is a famous food in south india especially in kerala.It is very tasty food.It is used as a food for breakfast and it is also used as a curry with rice.Kappa and fish is a very famous combinatio.
An Healthy And Traditional Snack Recipe For Kappa Vevichathu
- 0.50 kg Tapioca
- 0.50 nos coconut
- 0.25 tbsp turmericpowder
- 1.00 nos smallonion
- 0.50 tbsp salt
- 1.00 nos curryleaves
- 0.25 cup water
- 3.00 nos greenchilly
- Take about half kg tapioca.Wash it properly many times in fresh water.Make sure that the tapioca is fresh and is not foul.
- Then remove the outer covering of the tapioca.Again wash it properly in fresh water and take it in a clean utensil.
- Then cut the clean tapioca into very small pieces appropriate for cooking and transfer it in a plate and kept it aside.
- Then take grated coconut,3 green chilly,1 small onion,curry leaves,salt and turmeric powder in a clean plate.Clean the green chilly and small onion.
- Then transfer these ingredients to the grinder and grind it properly till it become paste.Then keep the paste in a clean plate.
- Then take some water in a proper utensil for cooking and add the cut pieces of tapioca to it and start to cook it.
- After cooking it for few minutes then add the above prepared grinded paste into the utensil and again cook it for 10 minutes.
- After cooking it for 10 minutes turn off the flame.Then transfer it to a beautiful plate.Your kappa vevichathu is ready for eating.