Kambu cholam puttu is our best and healthy snack dish , These combination keeps you all day healthy and Nutritious .These dish is best for all diet keepers in their day to day life. Kids and all group age can have these puttu.
Kambu Puttu – A Unique Taste And Healthy Kambu Puttu Recipe
- 1.00 cup Kambu
- 1.00 cup Cholam
- 0.75 cup Rice
- 1.00 cup Water
- 0.25 tbsp Salt
- 0.50 tbsp Cardamom powder
- 0.50 cup Nallennai
- 1.00 cup Grated coconuts
- 1.00 nos Karupatti
- 1.00 cup Water
- 2 tbsp Gingelly Oil
- The key ingredients to prepare kambu cholam puttu ,we need kambu,cholam,rice,palm jaggery ,grated coconut ,cardamom powder,gingelly oil and salt.
- Take a seperate long bottomed vessel , add a cup of kambu or pearl millet.
- Take a cup of cholam and pour along with that pearl millet and it is optional .
- Add 3/4 cup of ponni rice or raw rice along with the kambu and cholam.
- Now pour a little amount of water, say around 1/4 cup and leave it for 5 minutes.
- Now rub it with your hands and strain it using hands to remove any stones then add it to dry roast.
- When it is dry roasted in low flame ,turn off the flame and transfer in it.
- Take a blender ,when it is turned room temperature add the combined ingredients in a blender.
- Blend it like semi powder consistency, but you can just crush it little then transfer it.
- Add a cup of water in it and leave it to boil for few seconds.
- Add little bit of hot water and mix it gently like a bread crumbs consistency.
- After mixing it,the mixed flour able to mold a shape like shown in below image
- You can sieve or sift the mixed flour so that there will be lumps free flour then add pinch salt.
- Add half tablespoon of cardamom powder or elaichi powder and mix it for better smell.
- Add two tablespoon of gingelly oil or nallennai and mix it for better smell and taste.
- Add a cup of fresh grated coconut along with the puttu and mix it completely.
- Turn on the flame ,place a idli cooker add two cups of water in it.
- When it is heated lightly,place the idli molder or plate and place the wet cloth.
- Transfer the prepared kambu flour puttu in a white cotton cloth don’t press the flour.
- Close the idli cooker lid and leave it for 3 to 5 minutes in a medium flame.
- When it is steamed .Turn off the flame and allow to cool for few minutes and transfer it in a bowl.
- Add the prepared jaggery syrup side by side in a puttu and stir it. Our healthy kambu cholam puttu is ready.
- Take a single of karupatti or palm jaggery to crunch it into very small pieces
- Crunch the palm jaggery into small pieces to make syrup ,you can add also sugar.
- Add a crunched palm jaggery in a seperate vessel to make syrup in low flame.
- Add little amount of water along with the jaggery syrup and let it dissolves few seconds.
- When the syrup starts boil and bubbles turn off the flame ,you may strain the jaggery.