Kala channa curry is the famous Punjabi Curry recipe,which is very easy to make yet flavorful curry,This tasty gravy is similar as making the Punjabi rajma,Punjabi Dal makhani,so that it is very rich in nutrients and proteins.
Kala Chana Curry – Most Popular Delicious & Healthy Kala Chana Curry
Kala Chana Curry
- 1.00 cup Kala Chana
- 2.00 nos Onion
- 2.00 nos Tomato
- 4.00 nos Garlic Pods
- 5.00 nos Curry Leaves
- 2.00 tbsp Kashmiri Red Chilly Powder
- 0.50 tbsp Cumin Powder
- 0.25 tbsp Turmeric Powder
- 0.75 tbsp Salt
- 2.00 tbsp Oil
- 0.50 tbsp Cumin Seeds
- 2.00 nos Coriander Leaves
Kala Chana Curry
- Rinse and soak the Black Bengal gram(kala chana) for whole night or for 8 hours.
- Add the soaked Black Bengal gram into a pressure cooker and add little salt for them and bring to boil for three to four whistles.
- The fine chop two medium sized onions, and fine chop two or three ripen tomato, and fine chop four or five garlic pods.
- Heat a cooking pan add two tbsp of oil, and sizzle some cumin seeds with them.
- Then add some fine chopped garlic pods and curry leaves with them, roast them in low flame.
- Then add fine chopped onion slices with them and stir well till the light brown color obtains.
- Then add fine chopped tomato slices with them and saute them well till it completely smashed.
- Then add the powdered ingredients such as kashmiri red chilly powder, little cumin powder and a pinch of turmeric powder with them and stir well.
- Then add the pressure cooked black chana gram with them and roast them for few seconds.
- Stir well the boiled black chana gram till it mixes well together the ingredients, and enough salt for them.
- Then add needed water for them as about as much of the gravy need, if you need little watery you can also add some more water.
- Close the lid and brings to boil for few minutes for easy cook and get tender consistency.
- When the added ingredients are cooked well and now the curry comes to little thick, now remove from the flame and serve hot by garnishing some coriander leaves. This kala channa curry is apt for rice as well as Roti.