Basically idli Manchurian is an indo Chinese starter dish. We eat idli in many ways but idli Manchurian is very different from others and tasty as well. Spring onion and capsicum adds more favor to it. A mouthwatering dish can be enjoyed by everyone.
Different Type Of Luscious Idli Manchurian Recipe Make At Home
- 8.00 nos steamed idli
- 1.00 nos garlic
- 1.00 nos capsicum
- 5.00 nos spring onion
- 1.00 nos onion
- 0.25 cup corn flour
- 0.25 cup maida
- 0.25 tbsp turmeric powder
- 0.25 tbsp salt
- 1.00 cup oil
- 4.00 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1.00 tbsp soya sauce
- 1.00 tbsp vinegar
- 0.25 tbsp black pepper
- 0.25 tbsp chat masala
- Wash spring onion and capsicum, chop it and keep it separate on a plate. Then take few cloves of garlic and chop it, also take onion and chop the onion and keep it on the same plate.
- Take at least eight steamed idli and cut each idli into four equal pieces. Then make a batter of maida, corn flour, turmeric powder and salt as required, keep it a side.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan, now take the pieces of idli and coat it with idli batter. Carefully fry the coated idli until its colour turn golden blown in colour.
- Reduce the flame to low while frying otherwise it may burn. Fry the idli until it outer surface become crisp. Slowly fry all the idlis and keep it to a separate plate.
- Heat a non-stick pan with a little amount of oil, add chopped garlic and sauté it for one second then add chopped onion and again sauté it for few second. Add chopped capsicum and mix well.
- Then add 2 3 tablespoon tomato ketchup, 1 tablespoon of soya sauce and 1 tablespoon of vinegar. Mix well and then add 1 teaspoon of black pepper and salt as require. Dont add too much of salt as soya sauce also contain salt.
- Mix all the species and if you like you can also add chilli sauce for increasing the spicy flavor. Then add fried idli and reduce the flame to low.
- Stir continuously with all the spices so the fried idli absorb the favor of masalas. Mix it in such a way that all the pieces of idli get coated with the sauces.
- After that add the chopped spring onion, try to add spring onion in the last so it can mix with the other favor and remain its own crunchiness. Stir it for 2 3 times.
- Turn off the flame, transfer the hot idli Manchurian on a serving plate and sprinkle some chat masala and black pepper over it.