This is an Indo Mexican dish where the wrap is made of grilled chicken sausages and vegetable fillings. The base of the wrap is coated with salsa to give it a rich and a spicy taste and it can be served as a snack or a part of the main course.
Grilled Chicken Wraps – Healthy And Tasty Grilled Chicken Wraps Recipe
For Sauce Preparation
- 2.00 tbsp Oil
- 5.00 nos Garlic Cloves
- 3.00 nos Chili
- 2.00 nos Tomato
- 0.25 tbsp Salt
- 0.25 tbsp Sugar
- 0.50 nos Capsicum
For sandwich preparation
- 4.00 tbsp Oil
- 1.00 nos Onion
- 0.25 nos Carrot
- 3.00 nos Beans
- 0.50 cup Cabbage
- 4.00 nos Sausage
- 0.25 tbsp Salt
- 2.00 nos Whole Wheat Roti
For Masala Preparation
- Salsa Dip Preparation. Take 2 tomatoes. Take 1/4 th of a capsicum. take 2 green chili and a few cloves of garlic peeled.
- Chop the chili and make a fine paste of the tomato and the capsicum so that they are uniform as shown in the image.
- Heat oil in a kadai and add the garlic and green chili and fry them till the garlic starts emitting smell.
- Add the tomato paste to the kadai and add the salt and sugar and mix them well and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Now add the capsicum paste to the kadai and mix it well and cook so that the water is drained and a thick and smooth mixture is formed.
- Take out the mixture from t he kadai and then pour it in a bowl and let it cool. The salsa dip is ready.
- Filling for the wrap Peel and wash and chop the onion into thin long slices. Chop the capsicum Cut the carrots and beans into small pieces Grate the cabbage.
- Take out the sausage from the refrigerator and defrost it and then cook it in a microwave for 2 minutes so that it is cooked.
- Heat oil in a kadai and add the chopped vegetables and fry them very well by adding a sprinkle of salt.
- Once the vegetable filling is fried then set it aside in a plate to cool so that it can be used to add to the wrap.
For Stuffed Chapati Preparation
- Now take a freshly prepared whole wheat chapati . This will form the base of the wrap inside which the stuffing would be present.
- Take some salsa sauce which was cooled earlier and spread it on the base of the wrap to form a layer.
- Now add the saute vegetables to the sauce and form a thick layer of the vegetables on the sauce as shown in the image.
- Now add the microwaved sausage on the bed of the vegetables as shown in the image to almost complete the stuffing.
- Now as a final topping and to add to the taste add some amount of freshly grated cheese on top.
- Fold the wrap on both sides as shown in the figure so that the stuffing is totally covered and is inside the whole wheat chapati and can be consumed like a roll. repeat the step with another chapati and then serve with garnishing.