It is a simple and quick pachadi dish . This is very famous in tamil nadu and a very tangy and spicy dish which goes well with white rice. You can store this for 2 to 3 days . Takes 20-25 minutes to prepare .ingredients like – Ginger,grated coconut,onion,coriander seeds,red chillies,tamarind,jaggery and salt
A Famous South Indian Style Breakfast Side Dish Of Ginger Chutney
- 1.00 cup Ginger
- 1.25 cup Coconut
- 0.50 cup Jaggery
- 0.25 cup Tamarind
- 3.00 nos Curry leaves
- 1.25 tbsp Salt
- 2.00 tbsp Mustard
- 5.00 tbsp Oil
- 2.00 tbsp Coriander powder
- 1.00 nos Onion
- 5.00 nos Red chilies
- Take Grated ginger , jaggery , coconut , mustard , coriander powder , salt ,oil , tamarind , onion , dry red chilies and curry leaves
- Take a kadai , add oil . once it is hot enough , add onion , grated ginger , grated coconut , dry red chilies , coriander powder and saute it well .
- saute it well till it reaches this stage ( as shown in the picture ) . Add tamarind and mix for 10 seconds and switch off the flame .
- Once the mix is cool , add it to the blender . Add 1 table spun of salt with required water and blend it to a paste .
- Don’t add more water and blend it to a smooth paste . Keep a check on the water and blend it to a thick paste ( as shown in the picture ) . Keep it aside
- take a kadai , add oil once it is hot enough , add the mustard and curry leaves . let it shatter .
- Now add the paste into this kadai and mix it well . Add 1 cup of water and cook till the water is absorbed
- Now add the grated jaggery to it and mix well . Add water for alterations of thickness . Cook for 5-6 minutes . Serve hot with rice