Today i decided to share a traditional tipical and famous rice recipie called ‘Ghee bhat’. It is a very well known bengali recipie served in any special occation or puja day’s. Now Durga puja is about to come and u can make this dish during pujas.
A Special Occasions And Traditional Yummy Ghee Bhat Recipe At Home
- 1.00 cup Basmati rice
- 4.00 tbsp Ghee
- 0.50 cup cashew nuts raisins chopped
- 2.00 nos bay leaf
- 1.00 nos cinnamon stick
- 4.00 nos green cardamom pods
- 1.00 tbsp salt as per taste
- 2.00 tbsp sugar
- Today i decided to share a traditional typical and famous rice recipe called “Ghee bhat”. It is a very well known Bengali recipe served in any special occasion or puja day’s. Now Durga puja is about to come and u can make this dish during pujas.
- Ghee bhat or polao is cooked with Basmati rice or Govindo bhog rice. Govindo bhog rice is not available in every where so we can use Basmati rice or Kalijeera rice as substitute which is available in every store.
- This polao or ghee bhat is cooked in ghee, only sith nuts and raisins so this is called “Ghee Bhat”. Now we starts the recipe. Take a bowl, filled the bowl with half of water. Add the rice in it.
- Wash the rice properly and keep it in the water for 30 mins for soaking. Take a large pan and boil 5 cups of water in it. When the water will starts boiling add the rice and cooked till 60% rice is cooked.
- Drain out the rice from the water. Keep aside the rice. Now chopped the cashew nuts and the raisins finely. Now take apan or kadhai heat the ghee in a large kadhai. Add the chopped nuts and the raisins and lets fry.
- Fry for few seconds. Take them out from the pan. In the same kadhai and ghee add cinnamon, cloves, cardamom pods bay leaf, red dry chilly, cumin seeds and fry all of them for few seconds. When the fragrance or aroma comes from the whole spices.
- Now add the 60 % cooked rice in it. Mix all the things properly. One more thing rice should not be broken. Add salt and 2 tbsp of sugar in it add fried nuts and raisins. Add 1.5 cup of water mid the gas and cover it. After few mins off the cover rice is ready to eat. Serve it with any curry item.