Garlic is the best flavorful and healthy ingredients which is highly used In our Indian Food habits,It has many medicinal properties and also gives instant result for some health issues.So that Garlic Rasam is the Tasty South Indian recipe which can be used as substitute curry in lunch time meals.It is very good for digestion.
Garlic Rasam – The Best Flavorful And Healthy Garlic Rasam Recipe
- 10.00 gram Tamarind
- 10.00 nos Garlic Cloves
- 0.50 tbsp Pepper Seeds
- 1.00 tbsp Cumin Seeds
- 4.00 nos Dried Red Chilly
- 5.00 nos Curry Leaves
- 1.00 tbsp Coriander Leaves
- 1.00 tbsp Tomato
- 1.00 tbsp Oil
- 0.25 tbsp Turmeric Powder
- 0.50 tbsp Hing
- 0.50 tbsp Salt
- 2.00 nos Coriander Leaves
- Soak the needed tamarind in a fresh water, and leaves them for soak at least half an hour, if in hurry you can soak them in hot water for ten minutes.
- When it gets soak well, now extract the tamarind by adding little more water, you should add two cups of water for them.
- In a mixer jar add half tbsp of pepper seeds, one tbsp of cumin seeds, one dried red chilly and three garlic cloves and grind them as coarsely.
- Now transfer the grounded cumin pepper mixture to a plate and now one tomato in to medium slices, and crush the reserved garlic cloves.
- Heat a cooking pan add one tbsp of oil and add some mustard seeds with them, wait for a second till it crackles.
- Then add those crushed garlic cloves and three dried red chilies and add some curry leaves with them and stir them for few seconds.
- Then add those already grounded cumin pepper and garlic mixture with them and roast them in low fire, for few seconds.
- Then add the chopped tomatoes with them and saute them well for few seconds in slow flame till it gets well smashed.
- Then add 1/4 tbsp of turmeric powder with them and stir well till it mixes well to them together.
- And also add 1/4 tbsp of Hing(Asafoatida) with them and stir well for few seconds, Do not do them in high flame will causes bottom burn.
- Now add those already extracted Tamarind water with them and stir well, you can also add little more water if needed.
- After that leave them as it is and boil them for three to four minutes, till the water bubbles starts.
- Now add enough salt for them, better to add less slat, we can add later if less, if it is more it causes the taste.
- If the water bubbles comes now switch of the flame and add some chopped coriander leaves over them and now is ready to serve hot with hot plain or steamed rice.