Punjabi Dum Aloo is the lip smacking and delicious recipes which is making using the curd and flavorful kasuri methi,This can be done as either dry or by spicy curry,It is better to go with Hot steamed or plain rices.
Dum Aloo Punjabi Recipe – Best Collection Of Dum Aloo Punjabi Recipe
Dum Aloo Punjabi Recipe
- 1.00 cup Baby Potatoes
- 2.00 nos Onion
- 0.5 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 0.5 cup Curd
- 2.00 tbsp Coriander Seeds
- 2.00 nos Cloves
- 2.00 nos Cinnamon Sticks
- 6.00 nos Cashew Nuts
- 1.5 tbsp Red Chilly Powder
- 0.25 tbsp Turmeric Powder
- 0.25 tbsp Fennel Seeds
- 0.25 tbsp Cumin Powder
- 1.00 nos Bay Leaf
- 0.45 tbsp Salt
- 0.25 tbsp Kasuri Methi
- 2.00 tbsp Ghee Or Oil
Dum Aloo Punjabi Recipe
- Take a pressure cooker add ten to fifteen baby potatoes wash them well and pressure cook them for three whistles.
- For shallow fry: Peel off the boiled potato skin,and now heat a pan and add some oil and add the boiled and peeled potatoes with them.
- Shallow fry the potatoes till it turns to golden brown color and becomes crispy in slow fire.
- For Grinding: Take a mixer jar add two tbsp of coriander seeds,two cloves and two cinnamon sticks and some cashew nuts.
- Grind the added ingredients into dry fine powder without adding any water with them,keep them aside.
- Heat a pan add some ghee or oil then add some fennel seeds and one bay leaf and fry for few seconds.
- Then add fine chopped onion slices with them and saute well till it brings golden brown color.
- Then add one tbsp of ginger garlic paste with them and saute well till the raw smell goes out.
- Then add the grounded cashew and coriander powder with them and saute well for few seconds.
- Then add half a cup of fresh curd with them and stir well till it mixes well to the added ingredients.
- Then add some red chilly powder,a pinch of turmeric powder and 1/4 tbsp of cumin powder with them and stir well.
- Then add the shallow fried or deep fried potatoes with them and stir well for few seconds.
- Then add little enough water with them and add enough salt for them and stir well.
- Cover the lid and brings to boil for few seconds till it comes to tender gravy.
- When the gravy comes to tender now add some kasuri methi with them which gives and amazing flavor to this recipe.
- When the gravy comes to tender and the added oil starts to ooze outs,now garnish some coriander leaves and serve hot.