To make a perfect dosa with perfect texture, making the best dosa batter is the most important thing. You can buy dosa batter easily from supermarkets or from any nearby groceries.
In many parts of India dosa batter selling is a big business and yes you can even get it from roadside selling shops or from nearby houses where they sell the batter.
Have you ever made a calculation of expenses of a store bought dosa batter and homemade version. Yes that a true fact, if you make dosa batter at home the money you are spending is comparatively less.
Money is the second thing, we need our food to be hygienic. Not all sellers are hygienic also not all of them are less hygienic.
But it is important for us to be on the safer side in food issues and we have to be more cautious if we are feeding the food for our kids and babies.
So follow my dosa batter recipe for a perfect homemade dosa without any compromise in taste and also hygiene.
How to make dosa batter at home?
Dosa recipe is easy when you have a cup full of dosa batter in your refrigerator. Dosa batter ingredients are easily available at home.
There are many kinds of dosas and for each dosa you have to make a different dosa batter. So what I am going to show you today is a simple soft dosa recipe.
The dosa batter ratio is 1:1 where you have to use 1 cup of rice and 1 cup of black gram or urad dal for making the batter.
The very first step is you have to wash and soak the rice and black gram in separate bowls. You can even add some methi seeds or fenugreek, but I am not adding it today.
Once the rice gets soft and black gram doubles in its size, you have to grind both of it separately. For a larger quantity of batter you have to use a grinder for grinding the batter.
To make dosa batter in mixie you can grind only a little bit of batter in batches.
The dosa batter consistency really matters while making dosa. So grind it in a thick pouring consistency. After making the batter you have to leave it undisturbed for sometime to get the perfect texture.
The very first thing you have to do before starting to make dosa is heat your dosa tawa very well and brush with some oil and then wipe the oil with a tissue or neat cotton cloth. Now take a ladder full of dosa batter and make thin or thick dosa as per your need.
You can add any stuffing in the dosa like potato masala, any sabzi or anything. But today I am making onion dosa.
So I am just adding some onions and green chilli to the top of my dosa. Drizzle some oil or ghee as per your preference.
Roast the dosa and yes that’s it you can now serve your dosa with red coconut chutney, tomato chutney, onion chutney or anything of your choice.
An Instant Flavourful Breakfast Recipe Of Dosa Batter For Kids
- 1.00 cup Black gram
- 1.00 cup Rice
- 4.00 tbsp Oil
- 1.00 tbsp Salt
- 1.00 cup Onions
- 1.00 tbsp Green chilies
- first of all take the bowl and add the one cup of black gram in the bowl and then add water and soak well
- now take the dal and wash well withe the water and then grind well in the grinder or mixy like a fine paste
- now add the one cup of rice in the bowl and soak them in the water for 3 hours to 4 hours and then wash and keep aside
- now add the soaked rice in the grinding black gram and grind along with the black gram
- now take them in to a bowl and add the sufficient salt for the taste and keep aside for some time so that good texture comes
- now take the pan and switch on the stove and preheat the pan and add the batter over the pan, and spread
- now take the onions and green chilies and add them over the dosa and spread well and cook in low flame
- now add the oil over the dosa and roast well on the side parts of that and should not keep the high flame
- now add chopped carrot over that and take the spoon and turn it on other side and cook well until the color of that changes well like golden
- now take the serving plate and serve the tasty and yummy crispy dosa along with the red chutney and coconut chutney,