Kachchhi dabeli is a famous mumbai street food recipe , we need several ingredients but easy to make , you can use mint coriander chutney instead of red garlic chutney or peanut chutney for spreading inside the pav or bread, everyone like to have these recipe very eagerly.
Dabeli – Most Popular Tasty Dabeli Recipe At Homemade
- 3.00 no potatoes
- 1.00 tbsp dabeli masala
- 2.00 tbsp Oil
- 0.25 cup curry leaves
- 0.50 cup coriander leaves
- 1.00 cup Greated coconut
- 2.00 tbsp salt
- 1.00 cup Chopped onion
- 2.00 no Bun
- 1.00 cup Red chilli
- 0.25 cup curry leaves
- 8.00 no Garlic cloves
- 1.00 cup Sinnamon sticks
- 2.00 no Cloves
- 0.50 tbsp Asafoetida
- 1.00 tbsp Coriander powder
- 1.00 tbsp Cumin seeds
- 1.00 cup Sev
- 1.00 tbsp salt
- The key ingredients to prepare dabeli recipe we need potatoes,loave pav or bun,red chillies,cinnamon sticks ,cloves,onion,curry leaves, garlic,fresh coriander,coriander powder,hing,coconut,cumin seeds,oil,salt to taste and sev (optional).
- Initially to prepare dabeli masala , turn on the low flame heat a pan add a tablespoon of cumin seeds.
- Add 5 to 6 red chillies and saute it lightly till it gives a nice aroma .
- Add a medium size cinnamon stick and add one or two cloves into the mixture.
- Add a tablespoon of coriander powder ,add coriander seeds if possible sothat the roasted coriander seeds will blend of with the mixture and gives nice aroma.
- Allow it to cool and transfer into a blender till it turns a thin coarse paste and seperate it in a bowl.
- To prepare red garlic chutney ,take a 8 to 10 red chillies and let it soak for about 30 minutes.
- Turn on the flame ,add a cup of water and add three potatoes in a pressure cooker ,close the lid leave it for 3 to 4 whistles.
- You can Prepare a sweet tamarind chutney by adding a pinch of sugar for these dabeli,take a mixer jar add soaked red chillies
- Add 8 to 10 garlic cloves and add a pinch ,you can add a red garlic chutney inside of loaf bread for more spicy
- Add a pinch of salt before blending ,you can add a pinch of tamarind for yummy taste.
- Red chillies must be soaked well with water sothat it can blend easily,Now blend it for few seconds
- Add a little bit of water and blend it for few seconds till it turns a thin coarse paste.
- If chutney is too thick you can add a little bit of water and transfer it in a seperate bowl.
Potato Dabeli Preparation
- After 3 to 4 whistles ,when the pressure cool down completely slightly takeout the potatoes and peel the skin.
- After peeling the potatoes mash it gently with out any lumps using spoon for potato stuffing
- Again turn on the flame ,place a vessel in a low flame add two tablespoon of oil in it.
- Now add dabeli masala into hot oil in a low flame and saute it lightly.
- Now add 5 to 6 curry leaves and let it splutter for a few seconds and add a cup of onions and saute it well
- Now add the boiled and mashed potatoes into the mixture and mix it well sothat potatoes blend with other ingredients
- Add half cup of fresh coriander leaves into the mixture and mix it well and allow to cook for 2 to3 minutes
- Add a cup of grated coconut and mix it well ,you can also add grated coconut while stuffing
- Add a pinch of salt and mix it well ,switch off the flame and allow to cool for few seconds.
- Divide the loaf pav or bun into two half pieces ,place a mixture gently inside the pav or bun.
- Finally you can dip the pav with sev but it is optional ,now our maharashtrian style dabeli is ready now with yummy red garlic chutney.