Quick And Easy Creamy Delicious Recipe For Cucumber Raita
By Amala Motupalli, Posted on 19/07/2020 - 3 Comments
2.6 Average Ratings
3 User Comments
Ingredients of Cucumber raita
STEP : 1
1. Take all the ingredients needed for the recipe and keep aside. Let us go into procedure, Firstly take fresh two small sized or one medium sized Cucumber or keera and clean them and chop it into fine pieces and keep aside.
STEP : 2
2. Now, take one medium sized green avocado and peel it off and remove the seed and chop into fine pieces and keep aside. Avocado is actually a tasteless fruit that is the reason it is used in most of the recipes. Avocado enhances the taste of recipe.
STEP : 3
3. Now, take big bowl so that it is able to mix all the ingredients to make Raita. Now, add the chopped cucumber and Avocado pieces. We need to mix our ingredients one after another.
STEP : 4
4. Now, we will add the taste enhancers one by one. Add one fourth tablespoon of salt. Dont use crystal salt. Always use iodized salt as it is good for health.
STEP : 5
5. Now, we need to add one fourth tablespoon or half teaspoon of Amchur powder. This is available in all super markets nowadays. You can just purchase one small pack and use it dishes like this. Amchur is nothing but dry mango powder.
STEP : 6
6. Now, we need to add one fourth tablespoon or half teaspoon of Red Chili Powder. As Avocado is tasteless fruit its rich in calories it slightly tastes as butter. So, to compensate it we will be adding little chili powder.
STEP : 7
7. Now we will add cumin power or jeera powder. We need to add one fourth tablespoon or half teaspoon of jeera powder to the mixture. This powder enhances the taste and also improves the digestion ability. Its good for digestive system.
STEP : 8
8. Now comes the final ingredient that is fresh thick curd or yogurt to the pieces. Its better if you prefer sweet yogurt than sour curd. Raita tastes delicious with slightly sweet thick curd. I have used packaged yogurt.
STEP : 9
9. Once all the ingredients are added to the mixture now we need to stir the whole thing using a flat spoon. Try to smash the avocado pieces slightly so that its juice mixes well with curd. Thats it our delicious Avocado Cucumber Raita is ready ,you can have it readily like that or you can make it as a side dish for vegetable Pulao, Biryani recipes or even with onion paranthas.