Yellow cucumber or vellari pazham red curry is famous south indian cuisine dish and it is a traditional dish. It is good for health. It can easily prepare at home with our simple home remedies and too it is good for health.
Spicy And Aromatic Flavorful Tasty Cucumber Curry
- 0.25 kg Yellow cucumber
- 8.00 nos Red chilli
- 1.00 tbsp kadalai paruppu
- 0.25 tbsp Methi seeds
- 0.25 cup Tamarind
- 2.00 tbsp coriander seeds
- 1.00 tbsp roasted gram
- 0.00 tbsp Red chilli powder
- 0.25 tbsp Turmeric powder
- 0.50 tbsp Cumin seeds
- 0.50 cup Grated coconuts
- 0.25 cup Curry leaves
- 1.00 tbsp Urad dal
- 1.00 tbsp Mustard seeds
- 0.25 nos Jaggery
- 5.00 tbsp oil
- 1.00 tbsp Salt
- The key ingredients to prepare yellow cucumber curry ,we need yellow cucumber,Coriander seeds, urad dal, split bengal gram, methi seeds,Coconut, Red chillies,turmeric powder,cumin seeds , mustard seeds,red chilli powder,curry leaves,oil and salt.
- In a vessel,take a lemon size tamarind ,wash it and soak it with warm water.
- Take half nos of yellow cucumber ,clean the inner seeds cut it into into four parts
- Now wash the yellow cucumber pieces by adding few amount of water then strain it.
- Turn on the flame, place a pressure cooker and add the strained cucumber for boiling.
- Add a cup of squeezed tamarind juice and mix it well,let them cook for few seconds.
- Add little bit of jaggery for good taste ,mix it well and let them cook.
- Add a tablespoon of red chilli powder and half tablespoon turmeric powder and mix it well,let them cook for few seconds.
- Add a cup of water then close the lid and leave it for one whistle.
- For tampering ,turn on the flame ,place a pan add a required oil and let it heat.
- Add 8 to 10 nos of red chillies in a low flame and let it roast.
- Add a tablespoon of urad dal and two tablespoon of coriander seeds ,let it roast.
- Add a tablespoon of roasted gram along with the ingredients for good smell and taste.
- Add few fresh curry leaves and let it splatter for few seconds and turns crisp.
- Add a tablespoon of kadalai paruppu along with the ingredients to enhance the better taste.
- Add a tablespoon of mustard seeds along with the other roasted ingredients for few seconds.
- Add a tablespoon cumin seeds along with ingredients and let splutter for few seconds in low flame.
- To prepare masala ,Take a blender add half cup of grated coconut in a jar.
- Turn off the flame and allow to cool the ingredients then transfer it in a blender.
- Add a tablespoon of salt for taste and mix it,Use crystal salt for taste if possible.
- Blend it for few seconds till it make smooth ground paste by adding little water.
- When the pressure cooker calms down after one whistle then slightly open the cooker lid.
- Add the blended paste of mixture and mix it thoroughly and leave it to boil.
- Close the pressure cooker lid after mixing it completely and leave it for one whistle.
- For seasoning ,turn on the flame ,place a pan add a required oil and mustard seeds.
- Add few fresh curry leaves and red chiiies let it splatter for few seconds and turns crisp.
- Slow down the flame and add the boiled curry along with the seasoning ingredients and mix it.
- When the oil oozes on top surface ,turn off the flame ,transfer the curry in a seperate bowl and serve it,Our yummy yellow cucumber red curry is ready.