Corn pulao is a North Indian style rice recipe which is good lunch time recipes,corn is a crunchy veggie which are rich in vitamins and carbohydrates.Corn pulao is a tasty and spicy rice recipe which is great to have with raita recipes.
Corn Biryani – Most Popular Tasty And Healthy Corn Biryani Recipe
- 1.00 cup Basmati Or Sona Masori Rice
- 1.00 cup Corn Kernels
- 2.00 nos Onion
- 2.00 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 3.00 nos Green Chilies
- 0.25 cup Mint Leaves
- 1.00 tbsp Red Chilly Powder
- 0.25 tbsp Garam Masala Powder
- 0.25 tbsp Turmeric Powder
- 0.75 tbsp Salt
- 1.00 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2.00 nos Cloves
- 2.00 nos Cinnamon Sticks
- 1.00 nos Star Anise
- 2.00 tbsp Oil
- Take one cup of basmati or Sona masoori brand rice and rinse them well in water.
- Then siak the rice for ten to fifteen minutes,abd then drained out the excess water and keep aside.
- Then take two medium sized Onion and chop them as thin slices and also pick some fresh mint leaves and slit some green chilies too.
- Then now bring a cup of fresh corn kernels,you can also Slice out the kernels from whole corn.
- Heat pressure cooker add two tbsp of oil and roast the garam masala ingredients such as cloves,cinnamon sticks and star anise.
- Then add well sliced onion slices into them and roast till it gets light golden brown colour.
- When the Onion gets well roasted then add two tbsp if ginger garlic paste into them stir for few seconds till the raw smells out.
- Then now add those freshly picked and rinsed mint leaves and add two slitted green chilies to them and stir well.
- Then now add those freshly peeled and rinsed corn kernels into them and roast for few seconds.
- Then now add the spice powder ingredients such as red chilly powder,turmeric powder and little garam masala powder into them.
- Then now add well rinsed soaked and drained rice into them,make sure the rice gets drained before adding to them.
- Roast the rice for few minutes in low flame which brings the rice remains long grains and prevent from mushy.
- Now add one and half a cup of water for one cup of rice that you have taken for thus recipe,and stir well.
- Add enough salt for this recipe and also adjust the spicyness at this stage and stir well.
- Then now cover the pressure cooker lid and put wait on it,and brings it to pressure cook for three whistles.
- After three whistles remove the pressure cooker lid and now we can visibly seen the rice comes to cooked well and it remains grains.
- Now sprinkle one tbsp of freshly squeezed lime juice over them and stir well to mix together.
- Now add some fine chopped mint or coriander leaves into them and garnish and serve hot with tasty raita recipes.