This is a parathher shredded with chicken and onion and bell pepper and other spices. It is extremely tasty and can be served as a snack item. It is served best with dahi or raita. This is scrmbled with eggs at the end and garnished with coriander leaves.
A Traditional South Indian Style Spicy Chicken Kothu Parotta Recipe
Chicken Kothu Parotta
- 2.00 cup Maida
- 2.00 nos Onion
- 1.00 nos Garlic
- 1.00 tbsp Ginger Paste
- 5.00 nos Chili
- 0.25 tbsp Red Chili Powder
- 0.50 nos Capsicum
- 10.00 nos Curry Leaves
- 0.25 cup Coriander Leaves
- 1.00 tbsp Garam Masala
- 0.25 kg Chicken Breast
- 2.00 nos Egg
- 0.50 tbsp Salt
- 0.25 tbsp Turmeric
- 4.00 tbsp Oil
- 0.25 tbsp Mustard Seed
Chicken Kothu Parotta
- First the chicken strips or cubes for the kottu paratha are prepared. Take the chicken breast pieces, wash and clean them and cut them into small cubes as shown in the image.
- Chop the onion into small pieces. Make a paste of the ginger and the garlic. Chop the green chili into small pieces. Make a paste of the garam masala.
- Heat oil in a kadai and add the chicken cubes, deep fry them till the color changes to golden. Add the onion, ginger and garlic paste and the chopped green chili, add the red chili powder. Add some salt and a drop of vinegar. Mix all the ingredients and fry till the chicken turns golden brown.
- After frying the chicken and the onion very well set aside the chicken cube masala for the kottu paratha and drain the excess oil.
- Take the flour (Maida) and make a dough using water, little oil and salt to make 2 thick (Malabar Style) paratha in the normal process.
- Shred the parathas into small sized pieces. This would be cooked with the rest of the spices. Set aside the diced paratha.
- Chop some more onion Chop the garlic Take 2 eggs and beat it with salt. Chop the capsicum Chop the green chili. Wash and clean and set aside the curry leaves and the coriander leaves.
- Heat oil in a kadai and add the capsicum, onion, green chili and garlic paste. Add the curry leaves and deep fry them. Sprinkle some salt and mix well and stir.
- Add the diced chicken to the mixture in step 8 and stir continuously so that it does not stick and mix it well with the diced cubes.
- Add the beaten egg to the mixture above and stir continuously so that the contents do not stick to the container and the egg is also cooked. The kottu paratha is now ready to be served after garnishing with coriander leaves.