Chicken gravy is a fantastic recipe that we can eat along with some rice, roti or chapati. It goes well with south Indian tiffin recipes like idli and dosa too.
Typical chicken gravy from India tastes so yum and everyone loves the recipe. Let’s see here how to prepare chicken gravy easy recipes.
The chicken gravy calorie count doesn’t hit your diet as you are going to add it slightly along with your main course. Usually the chicken gravy tastes spicy and if you prefer less spicy gravy then prefer making white chicken gravy.
How to prepare chicken gravy
There are many chicken gravy types, and the chicken gravy images and taste varies as per the ingredients we add.
We can also make slight changes in the measurement of ingredients to adjust the consistency of chicken gravy masala.
I love the gravy to be slightly thick so follow my measurements to make perfect thick gravy. You can prepare chicken gravy by sauteing all the ingredients listed below with chicken pieces.
You can add the required amount of water to cook the chicken. You can prepare the recipe in a pressure cooker or in any kadai.
Is chicken gravy healthy
Chicken gravy is a healthy recipe as it is high in protein. Specially in this chicken gravy recipe, I prefer using chicken karalu items which means liver, intestine, egg etc,.
It is very healthy to eat all these items in a tasty way. You can feed this recipe to children also along with some chicken biryani or fried rice.
Can you freeze chicken gravy?
If you are a working man or woman and have no time to cook fresh foods, this chicken gravy is a good option.
You can make it in batches and store it in the freezer. Whenever you need the curry, just heat it a little and serve.
Famous Peppery And Quintessential Chicken Gravy Recipe
- 0.25 kg Chiken Karalu Item
- 2.00 nos Onion
- 1.00 nos Ginger
- 1.00 nos Garlic
- 1.00 nos cinnamon
- 2.00 tbsp Garam Masala
- 2.00 tbsp Chilli Powder
- 1.00 cup Greated cocunut
- 0.50 cup water
- 2.00 tbsp Salt
- 1.00 cup hitikida avre kalu
- Take 2 medium onion for grinding purpose and clean it well then cut medium pieces , onion is very good tasty for this recipe.
- Take one small piece of ginger and this is one of the important ingredients for this recipe and clean wash to be done and make small pieces
- One big size garlic and small piece of cinnamon (Chakke) this is one of the important ingredients for this recipe and this is for grinding purpose
- One bowl of Hitikida avare Kalu and this is very good combination kalu for this recipe.
- Take one small bowl of grated coconut and this ingredient will give very good taste and it will not effect to health also, use as per the requirement.
- Take two table spoon quantity of Garam masala and and use as per the requirements and serve.
- Take two table spoon quantity of Chilly Powder and use as per the requirements and serve
- Finally one bowl of Chicken karalu (small eggs, Eggs, intestine and some other small item), before start cooking this recipe carefully and cleanly wash
- Add all ingredients of Onion, ginger, garlic and cinnamon piece for grinding purpose add small amount of water for grinding and grind it well and it should turn in to paste.
- Take a cooker and add table spoon amount of cooking oil and keep the stove in low flame.
- Once oil is starts heating add the Hitikida avre kaalu in to the cooker few seconds fry it well and donât fry too much.
- Once it fried well then add the grinded masala in to the same cooker and while adding the grinded masala donât add any water.
- Once after adding the grinded masla mix it well with the Hitikida avre kalu and keep frying with low flame for 5 min.
- After 5 min of frying masala with Hitikida avrekalu add 1 table spoon of salt and salt should be add as per the requirement
- After adding the salt mix it well and add the Chicken karalu items to the cooker while adding the Chicken karalu item it should be dry should not contain water.
- After adding the Chicken karalu item leave few seconds and mix well with all masala and Hitikida avre kallu and all should mix.
- After 5 mints mixed item should be boil lightly and then add the garam masala in to the cooker
- After adding the Garam masala at a time add the chilli power to same and leave it to boil for few minuts.
- After adding the garam masala and chili powder just mix it well and keep stove in low flame for boil.
- After few minute of boiling the all ingredients add 1 medium glass off water in to the cooker and mix it well.
- After adding the water keep stove in low flame and should be boil slow after few minute close the cooker with top lid.
- After 3 whistle open the top lid of the cooker and check the bake status of the recipe and if any thing need to be add just check and add.
- After completing the 3 whistles add the grated coconut in to the cooker and coconut should be as per the requirement not much.
- Once grated coconut added to the recipe mix it well and keep few minutes for boiling, coconut shoul mix with all ingredients and baked masala.then its ready to serve