Spicy And Delicious Recipe For Chicken Curry In Andhra Style
By Amala Motupalli, Posted on 19/07/2020 - 1 Comments
3.1 Average Ratings
1 User Comments
Ingredients of Chicken curry in andhra style
Chicken curry in andhra style
STEP : 1
1. Take 500g Boneless Chicken pieces and clean thoroughly and keep aside. Once the water is drained off we need to take all the powdered ingredients in order to marinate chicken.
STEP : 2
2. Marinating chicken makes chicken curry very tasty and even all the masala binds well with chicken pieces. Take a bowl and add chicken pieces now we will add powdered spices one by one. Add all these one by one: 2 teaspoon oil, 1 tablespoon Ginger-garlic paste, 1 teaspoon Red Chili Powder, Pinch of turmeric powder, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, 1/4 cup of curd or yogurt and mix all these ingredients well with chicken and let this mixture marinate at least an hour. After an hour the marinated chicken looks like in figure.
STEP : 3
3. After one hour of marination of chicken, now we will start the cooking process. Take a pressure cooker or any big pan to prepare gravy curry. Firstly, add 4 tablespoons of oil and let it heat on medium flame. Now, we need to add 1 cup of chopped onion pieces and then 3 sliced green chilies and fry them. Now add 1 cup of chopped tomato pieces into the oil and let them fry nicely.
STEP : 4
4. Once onion and tomatoes pieces, are fried now add a half teaspoon of cumin seeds, 1 small cinnamon stick, and 3 cloves. Now, add the marinated chicken into the oil and mix it well. Now, place a lid for 3-4 min and let the chicken cook in the oil.
STEP : 5
5. Now remove the lid and add water until the whole mixture sinks in. I dont want to waste the masala left in marinated bowl so I added water to it and used the same water to boil the chicken. Let the chicken be cooked in water for five more min. Place the lid and let it cook.
STEP : 6
6. Now, we need to add the powdered spices into our chicken gravy. Firstly, add one teaspoon of cumin powder to the mixture. Cumin powder is known as Jeera powder in India which is used in all the dishes for its flavor and it improves digestion. So, we add jeera powder into our chicken gravy curry too.
STEP : 7
7. Now, add one teaspoon of Coriander powder. This ingredient is famous in Andhra dishes as it adds a nice flavor, taste and even this improves our digestion. This is known as Dhaniya powder made from dhaniya seeds.
STEP : 8
8. Now, we will add spiciness to the chicken gravy curry by adding 2 tablespoons of red chili powder. As mentioned earlier this recipe is famous in Guntur, Andhra where Guntur Mirchi or Red Chilies are grown in Guntur. As of which red chili powder is used in all the curries prepared by Andhra people.
STEP : 9
9. Now, add 1 teaspoon of salt to the mixture and also add a half tablespoon of chicken masala into the mixture. Mix the whole gravy well to bind all the spicy powders. Please taste the gravy once before adding salt as we already added salt to the time of marinating process. So, check the salt and add as required.
STEP : 10
10. Place the cooker lid or cover the pan with the lid for at least 15 min and let the whole chicken gravy and pieces cook well. As chicken cooks very fast compared to any other meat so we need less time for the cooking process. Marinating chicken needs more time compared to the procedure. Stir the gravy occasionally and cook until oil leaves out of chicken.
STEP : 11
11. Thats all our chicken will be ready once oil leaves out of chicken. Just taste a little to check the salt before serving the dish. It is a good way to taste the dish before serving in order to check its taste. Now, the Special Guntur Chicken Gravy masala curry is ready. You can serve this dish with hot plain Rice or Chapatti and even Rotis and Nan. It goes well with any kind of meal. Enjoy this dish with all your family and friends.