Chenna payas is a indian sweet recipe fully based on whole milk,chenna payas is prepared for all special occasions like wedding anniversary,birthday parties etc.chenna payas is actually prepared by making cheese balls with full fat milk as same as rasgulla.
Large Collection Of Delicious Dessert For Chenna Payas
- 1.00 liter Whole milk
- 3.00 tbsp lemon juice
- 0.25 cup raisins
- 5.00 nos green cardamoms
- 2.00 cup Sugar
- The key ingredients to prepare chenna payas recipe,we need whole milk,green cardamoms,white raisins,lemon juice and sugar.
- Turn on the flame,place a deep vessel and pour half litre of whole milk to seperate chenna or cottage cheese.
- When the milk starts boiling at a certain stage turn off the flame and let it cool.
- Take a seperate bowl ,squeeze the lemon juice to seperate the chenna from the boiled milk.
- Add equal portion of water in it,you can add diluted white vinegar of two tablespoon instead of lemon juice.
- Pour half portion of lemon juice and stir gently with ladle ,remember while adding lemon juice the milk should be hot.
- Now notice milk starts to curdle like big lumps after one minute ,you can see clearly in the above image.
- Take a thin cotton cloth or muslin cloth on a deep vessel or bowl and pour the curdled milk.
- Wash the chenna with plain water so that it helps to remove the citric acid or lemon juice taste.
- Drain the water completely and squeeze the cotton cloth by hands thoroughly so that the extra water will drain out.
- Take the chenna dough in a seperate plate and knead as a soft dough or else you can grind once in a mixie jar to prepare a smooth dough.
- Roll it thoroughly and make a small round size ball ,the ball should not be too much big.
- Again turn on the flame,place a pressure cood ,add one cup of sugar and seperate the remaining sugar.
- Add two cups of water in a sugar or cheeni and stir it, let it boil for few minutes.
- When the sugar dissolves completely,the bubbles starts or the sugar turns a string consistency.
- Add the chenna balls into a boiling sugar syrup,close the lid and leave it for a whistles .
- At the same time for rabri preparation ,place a long vessel add remaining portion of milk and let it boil.
- After a whistles ,when the pressure comes down ,open the lid and leave it to cook in low flame for 10 minutes.
- For adding sugar into rabri,i taken a blended jar and added one cup of sugar to make a powder.
- After blending twice or thrice ,seperate the powdered sugar in a seperate bowl and keep aside.
- When the milk starts thickening in a low flame ,add a blended powder sugar and stir it well.
- Add 4 to 5 crunched green cardamoms or add a tablespoon of choti elaichi powder and stir it.
- When the sugar syrup cooled ,Take out the chenna balls seperately before taking allow it to cool for few seconds.
- Add 4 to 5 raisins it is optional and scrape the edges in between and leave it to boil to form a thick base.
- Now add the chenna balls into a boiling milk and stir at regular intervals to gain a thick consistency.
- Boil the milk till when the quantity of the milk reducing at original quantity and keep stirring.
- Finally turn off the flame and allow to cool the chenna payas ,After cooling transfer it in a seperate seving bowl ,our yummy chenna payas is ready.