Bengal gram(chana dal) fenugreek(methi) is the tasty punjabi chapathi recipe,methi fresh greens gives wonderful flavor to this recipe,usually kids do not like greens to eat,for that this is the best idea by hiding the healthiest greens in to their ever favor chapathi.this can be made as by stuffing the chana dal as well as mixing it with them also good.
Chana Dal Paratha – Healthy And Tasty Stuffed Chana Dal Paratha
Chana Dal Paratha
- 1.00 cup WheatflourAtta
- 1.00 cup FreshMethigreens
- 0.50 cup Bengalgram
- 0.50 tbsp Salt
- 0.25 tbsp Ajwainseeds
- 0.25 tbsp Redchillypowder
- 2.00 tbsp Ghee
Chana Dal Paratha
- Wash and soak the Bengal gram for over night or for three to four hours,add the soaked Bengal gram in a pressure cooker and boil them for three whistles.
- When the Bengal grams are well cooked drained out the excess water and smash them with your hands or using ladle,wash and chop the fresh methi greens
- In a mixing bowl add a cup of whole wheat flour,and add enough salt for them and add some ajwain seeds which helps for digestion
- Then add the boiled and smashed Bengal gram with them and also add fresh methi greens and add little red chilly powder with them
- Then add the drained water or fresh water with them,and knead well for making a soft dough,the kneaded dough to be neither dry nor watery,so carefully add water with them and keep them aside for ten minutes,you can also add little oil if needed
- Divide the dough into equal portions and make them like a small ball sized dough,the size is to be as own choice it will be small or medium
- Take one ball sized dough and dust it by the dry flour,and spread them evenly using the rolling pins,do this for all dough to making all the rolls.
- Heat a tawa or flat pan place the spread chapathi dough over them and bring them to boil for few minutes till the light brown color appears