Easy Delicious Flavorful Dinner Recipe For Broccoli Pulao
By Amala Motupalli, Posted on 19/07/2020 - 1 Comments
2.5 Average Ratings
1 User Comments
Ingredients of Broccoli pulao
STEP : 1
1. Now, take all the chopped vegetables and keep ready for preparation. Now we will take all masala required for this recipe. We need cumin seeds one tea spoon and four cloves and one cinnamon stick and 2 cardamom or elachi pods and one table spoon of cumin or jeera powder and 1 tablespoon of red chili powder, 1 tbsp of coriander powder. Keep all ingredients ready.
STEP : 2
2. Let us go into procedure, firstly take all vegetables and wash them. Take one fresh small broccoli chop only the edges and keep aside and then now chop the spring onion into 1 inch pieces, now chop one onion and then chop one medium sized potato into one inch pieces. We are taking four cups of rice for four people. Let us clean the rice thoroughly. Now, soak the rice in eight cups of water for half an hour before the procedure.
STEP : 3
3. Now, take a pressure cooker pan or any deep pan for preparation. On medium flame add one table spoon of ghee or clarified butter into the pan. Now we will add one tablespoon of oil into it. Now we will drop cinnamon stick and 4 cloves and one teaspoon of jeera or cumin seeds and 2 cardamom or elachi pods into the hot oil. Make sure to cook on medium flame. Now we will add.1 tbsp of Ginger Garlic paste. I have used instant Ginger and Garlic paste, you can even use fresh one prepared at home.
STEP : 4
4. Now we will add the chopped onion pieces into oil and let them fry till transparent. Onions are always to be added first into oil before any other vegetables as we all know fried onions tastes better. Now, we will add the taste enhancers one by one. Add one teaspoon of iodized salt. Salt makes onions to cook faster. Once the onions are fried and leave oil now we need to add only the chopped potatoes into the pan. Toss them finely and wait until they become tender. Now we need add the broccoli stems into the pan and toss the whole mixture thoroughly. Broccoli needs no time to cook, it cooks fast.
STEP : 5
5. Now we will add spring onion into the pan and then add asparagus into pan and stir the whole mixture and leave it for awhile to be slightly tender. Now just take the soaked green peas and drain the water away. Add them into the pan of vegetables and give a nice stir.
STEP : 6
6. Now we will add cumin power or jeera powder. We need to add one tablespoon or half teaspoon of jeera powder to the mixture. This powder enhances the taste and also improves the digestion ability. Its good for digestive system.
STEP : 7
7. Now, add one tablespoon of Coriander powder. This ingredient is famous in Andhra dishes as it adds a nice flavor, taste and even this improves our digestion. This is known as Dhaniya powder made from dhaniya seeds.
STEP : 8
8. Now, we need to add one tablespoon or half teaspoon of Red Chili Powder. As we did not add any green chilies now will add red chili powder to compensate the spices.
STEP : 9
9. Now we need to take the soaked rice and slowly add only rice into the pan. After adding all the rice now we will measure the soaked rice water and add 6 cups of water into the pan. If you are using pressure cooker then use 6 cups of water for 4 cups of rice. If cooked in open pot then add 7cups of water to 4 cups of rice. Now stir the whole mixture until all masala gets mixed up evenly with rice. Just taste little to check salt, if not add little more salt.
STEP : 10
10. Now place the pressure cooker lid and put the weight on and let the rice gets cooked for only two whistles. Once the two whistles are done switch off the flame and keep the pan aside. After all the pressure leaves from pressure cooker, now open the lid and check it. It looks marvelous and delicious with broccoli and spring onions and green peas. Thats it our Healthy Green Broccoli Spring onion green peas Vegetable pulao is ready. You can have this with Avocado cucumber Raita. It tastes delicious.