Eggplant Vegetable which is also known as Kathirikkai in Tamil,Is the famous sambar recipes of South Indians,We also can make different sambar using different vegetable,It is the best Combo with Hot Plain Rice,
Brinjal Sambar – A Famous South Indian Style Brinjal Sambar Recipe
- 1.00 Cup Red Gram
- 0.25 Tbsp Turmeric Powder
- 4.00 No Brinjal
- 2.00 No Tomato
- 1.00 No Onion
- 4.00 No Garlic Cloves
- 3.00 Tbsp Sambar Powder
- 2.00 Tbsp Tamarind Extract
- 1.00 Tbsp Salt
- 4.00 No Curry Leaves
- 1.00 Tbsp Coriander Leaves
- 2.00 Tbsp Oil
- 0.25 Tbsp Mustard Seeds
- 2.00 Tbsp Dried Red Chilly
- 0.25 Cup Water
- Rinse well the one cup of Split Red Gram and add them to a pressure cooker and add a pinch of turmeric powder and brings them to boil for four to five whistles.
- When it is boiled well smash them well by using smasher or by wooden ladle.
- Then now chop one medium sized onion, two well ripen tomatoes and crush some garlic cloves, you can also use shallots instead of onion slices.
- And also take three or four eggplant vegetable and chop them as lengthy slices, You should use any type of eggplant.
- Heat a pan, add two tbsp of oil, when it gets hot then splutter some mustard seeds into them.
- Then add those crushed garlic pods, some curry leaves and two dried red chilies with them and roast them.
- Then add those fine chopped onion with them and saute well till the light golden brown color appears.
- Add those well ripen and chopped tomato slices and saute well till it smashes well.
- Then add lengthy chopped Eggplant vegetable with them, It may be any type of Eggplant can be use for it.
- When the added vegetable gets little roast, then add three tbsp of sambar powder into them and also add needed salt for them.
- When the powdered ingredients are mixed well together now add needed water for them, The level should be the vegetable immersed on it.
- After adjust the water level for them, leave them for boil well till the added vegetables get boiled.
- after giving the five minutes for cooking time, now the vegetable is boiled, you can check it by pressing your hands, when it is soft.
- Now is the time to add the pressure cooked and smashed Split Red gram into them and stir well.
- After few seconds add some tamarind extract with them and brings them to boil till the raw smell of tamarind is goes out.
- After the raw smell completely goes out, Now is the time to serve The delicious Kathirikai sambar with Hot Plain or Steamed Rice by garnishing some coriander leaves.