Pulao’s and khichdi’s are comfort food for us to cook quick and easy.Baingan pulao is very easy and quick pulao recipe which is better to go with curd curry.Here i submitted easy baingan pulao cooking in pressure cooker,Indian spices and eggplant gives wonderful flavor to this recipe.
Brinjal Pulao – Best Breakfast And Very Delicious Brinjal Pulao Recipe
- 4.00 nos Egg Plant
- 1.00 cup Basmati Or Sona Masuri Rice
- 2.00 nos Onion
- 1.00 nos Small Ginger Slice
- 5.00 nos Garlic Pods
- 2.00 nos Green Chilly
- 0.5 tbsp Coriander Leaves
- 3.00 nos Cloves
- 2.00 nos Cinnamon Sticks
- 0.25 tbsp Fennel Seeds
- 1.00 nos Bay Leaf
- 1.00 tbsp Red Chilly Powder
- 0.5 tbsp Cumin Seeds Powder
- 0.25 tbsp Turmeric Powder
- 0.75 tbsp Salt
- 0.5 nos Lemon
- 1.00 tbsp Ghee
- 1.00 tbsp Oil
- Pick and rinse one cup of basmati or sona masoori or you may use any other biryani rice brand rice,soak them for half an hour.
- when the rice gets well soak then rinse well again drained out the water completely,keep them aside.
- Take two medium sized onion and thin slice them,crush some ginger,garlic and green chilies in a mortar pestle,and also fine chop some coriander leaves too.
- Take three or four medium sized eggplant,slice them as length-wise thin slices,you can use any variety of eggplant,better t[o chop the brinjal before added to this recipe because there is a chance to turn black in color.
- Heat a pressure cooker add one tbsp cooking oil and one tbsp of ghee,when it gets hot now add some cloves,cinnamon sticks and bay leaf and some fennel seeds with them.
- When added spices are splutters well now add thin sliced onion slices with them and roast them well till it changes its color into golden brown.
- When onion gets well saute then add crushed ginger garlic and green chilly mixture with them,before that I reserved free brown onions for garnishing.
- When added ginger garlic mixture gets well roasted now add the spice powders such as red chilly powder,turmeric powder and turmeric powder with them and stir for a few seconds.
- Then add well sliced eggplant veggies with them and stir for a few seconds till the added veggie gets roasted.
- Then add well saoked and drained rice with them,drained out the water completely before adding it to them.
- Roast the added rice for few minutes in medium flame,which helps to remain the rice as long grains.
- Then add enough water for them,you may add 1:2 ratio for one cup rice you need to add two cups of water.
- Then add enough salt for them,you may adjust your spice and salt at this stage.
- Then close the pressure cooker lid and put weight over them,bring to boil for three whistles,When the pressure downs itself open the pressure cooker lid and add one tbsp of lemon juice over them and stir till well mixed.
- Finally add some chopped coriander leaves with them,garnish and serve hot with curd curry or with raita.