Bread upma is very different recipe. Because peoples are making sandwich, omlet, toast with bread. But here i make upma with bread are like that of common upma with masala powder. very quick and fast recipe with bread.
Bread Pulao – A Unique Taste Of Bread Pulao Recipe At Home
- 6.00 no Bread slice
- 2.00 no Onion
- 1.00 no Tomato
- 1.00 tbsp Mustard seeds
- 0.50 tbsp Urad dal
- 0.50 tbsp Bengal gram
- 0.50 tbsp Red chili powder
- 0.25 tbsp Turmeric powder
- 0.50 tbsp Garam masala
- 5 no Curry leaves
- 2.00 leaves Coriander leaves
- 0.25 tbsp Tomato sauce
- 0.25 tbsp Salt
- 1.50 tbsp Oil
- Take the bread slices and remove the brown edges of the bread then cut it into small pieces. keep it aside.
- Keep the pan or kadai on flame. Heat it well then add pour some oil. When it oil heated add some Bengal gram.
- Bengal gram gets fried well in oil and turn its colour from yellow to golden colour. Then add œ of split urad dal, it give crunch taste to the upma.
- Now add mustard seeds it starts to crackle , urad dal also change it colour from white to golden and fried well.
- When mustard seed stop crackle and popping sound and add finely sliced onion pieces. Saute it well in oil on low flame.
- Saute the finely sliced onion well, it turn turn golden yellow colour and translucent, it fried well as shown in image.
- Now take freshly chopped curry leaf add to the fried onion. Saute it well, curry leaf get fry and emit good aroma.
- Add finely chopped tomato to the fried onion, saute it well. In this step add some chopped green chili, here i quit that step.
- Saute the tomato well it turn to mesh and sauce. Saute the onion and tomato mixture on low flame, tomato cooked soft.
- When tomato turn soft and cooked well add garam masala powder it gives good aroma and taste to the bread upma.
- Add pinch of turmeric powder to the onion tomato mixture. it gives colour to the upma. or you can use red food colour.
- Add red chili powder to this onion tomato mixture, Saute it well you will notes oil release from the masala mixture.
- Add some tomato sauce to this mixture, it give some tangy taste to the upma, it dont like means quit this step.
- When the masala gets dry, Add chopped bread pieces to the masala mixture. Make sure the masala are cooked well and there is no water content. Add some more oil to saute the mixture, this will give the crisp and light golden fried edges to the bread. Saute on slow flame.
- On medium flame Saute the bread pieces well with onion tomato and rest of the mixture. Bread pieces are coated well with masala. Add freshly chopped coriander leafs to the bread mixture and switch of the flame. Transfer it to the serving bowl and garnish with some fresh coriander leafs.