Chaler payesh is a traditional , authentic and a famous recipie. It a sweet dish or desert . It is a type of pudding that we make in bengali style. Bengalies are cook this dessert in every festival ; pujas and any happy occation.
Bengali Style Sweet Bengali Rice Pudding For Make Less Time
Bengali Rice Pudding
- 0.25 cup Basmati or govindo bhog
- 1.00 liter milk
- 2.00 nos Bayleaf
- 4.00 nos cardamom
- 4.00 tbsp Sugar
- 8.00 nos cashewnuts
- 8.00 nos reisins
- 0.75 tbsp ghee
- 6.00 tbsp milkmade
Bengali Rice Pudding
- Chaler payesh is a traditional , authentic and a famous recipie. It a sweet dish or desert . It is a type of pudding that we make in bengali style. Bengalies are cook this dessert in every festival ; pujas and any happy occation.
- Chaler payesh is a Bengali pudding. Payesam or kheer are the same thing cooked in different states. Payesh is a traditional Bengali dish it is cooked in marriages , birthdays , rice ceremony , baby shower and thread ceremony , in every Bengali household.
- To make this dish we use’ GOVINDO -BHOG ‘ chal / rice . This rice has avery good aroma and flavor. It gives the dish a different taste but this rice is not found everywhere so we can use ‘BASMATI RICE’.
- We can use basmati rice as its supplement. Govindo bhog is basically found in Bengal side. But basmati gives the almost the same flavor. Take 1/4 cup of rice . Wash it properly . Take a bowl and cook the rice . Cook it till it get soft .
- Drain it from the water . Make it cool . Add 1/2 tbsp of ghee and mix the rice well. keep aside the rice. Take a bowl add 1ltr of milk and boil it. Add 1 bay leaf and crushed cardmom in it .
- It gives the milk a good flavor and smell . Boil the milk till the milk get thick and left only 1/3 rd portion . Add the cooked rice in it mix it properly. Smashed the rice with the help of spoon.
- It makes the milk thick. Add 3 tbsp of sugar in it . Keep stirring with the spoon between to avoid sticking to the bottom of the pan. Because if it stick to the pan while cooking the payesh gets a burnt smell .
- Now when the payesh gets thicker add 3 tbsp of milkmade in it .Switch off the gas. Add chopped nuts and raisins in it . make it cool . refrigerate it . if you want , otherwise you can serve it hot.